A Toy Drive in Connection with the Gentleman's Club Holiday Party

A Toy Drive in Connection with the Gentleman's Club Holiday Party

Some know and most don't that there was a time when I worked in the Foster Care System running Group Homes as well as being a Foster Parent. Part of my period of "giving something back" for the life I was blessed with......

This time of year is especially depressing for these kids as there never seems to be enough donations to go around. Some of us take a lot for granted.....

Some of what is donated is basic.

Some donate toys.

Some old clothes.

Lots of Hand Me Downs.

Much of what makes it to the kids is seldom Age appropriate.

Toys tend to be dated.

If you've never been around a kid in the system you would be shocked about how far a new package of underwear, and shoes tend to go with some of these kids. A new pair of Tennis Shoes or some New T-Shirts is as appreciated by them as the netbooks my grand kids are wanting and probably taking for granted

I've had 136 teenagers between the ages of 11 and 17 live with me over the years while I was in it and I always ended up spending a lot of my own money on them. There are very few people that work with these kids that will not end up dipping into their own pockets this year as in years past.

But a lot of these kids live in Shelters and Group Homes with Staff being paid a minimum wage and they certainly cannot provide for them.

To the point!

Some of us make friendships amongst comrades on the board.

I know a lot of you guys and some of the gals.

One of us in this community works in this system with these kids day in and day out. I got to asking him about this year and the economy. He confirmed that the need is there more than ever.

With that in mind I was asking Ztonk over lunch today what he would think about running a Toy Drive in conjunction with the upcoming GC Holiday Party.....

Raffling off something of value to drive donations.....

Perhaps a session with one of the young ladies?

So here is what we are doing.

Bring a Toy or a Gift Card in an Envelope with a Gift Receipt. We don't care what it is or how much it costs. We'll take anything you feel generous enough to provide.

There will be a couple of large bags for you to drop the gift into.... Show me or Ztonk a Gift Receipt for at least $25 with the item and we will hand you a ticket for a Raffle to be held during Lunch. Bring 2 $25 gifts get 2 tickets.....

What will you win if your ticket is drawn?

Provided your screening is adequate a free 1 Hour session with Ztonk!

Err... Wait a second.... I mean a Free 1 Hour Session with a very Lovely Lady that has donated her time.

Ztonk, Myself, The Lady involved and Spacemntn all know the individual that will be given the Toys and Gift Cards collected and any one of us will vouch for him as well as guarantee everything collected makes it where it needs to go.

Please No Cash. For those of you that intend to come to the GC Holiday Party, Please take 15 minutes between now and then and do a little shopping for yourselves and pick up something extra.... or stop at a Walgreens and pickup a gift card....

If it is a Gift Card staple the receipt to the card.

If you are coming to the party this is an optional thing. You don't have to give. I'm asking that you do. Give what you can.

But know that every item of $25 value will get you a raffle ticket and some lucky guy will enjoy an hour with a very lovely lady providing you meet her normal screening requirements.

With a high enough number of participants we may sweeten the pot a little. A 2nd lady has already stepped up to volunteer her time as well! Possibly 2 winners?

For those of you that do NOT intend to come to the party but would still like to give and participate in the raffle..... PM me or Ztonk... We will have the Raffle Tickets worked out in a day or two and will make a point of being located somewhere a few different times over the next week or so if you want to drop off a gift and get a ticket.

Gentlemen? If you are interested in the party email me at the address in my signature Line.

Ladies? If you have never been invited but would like to, please PM me and I will endeavor to match you up with someone.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=124330

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=134648
Although the lovely young lady that volunteered her time for this cause gave me her permission to identify her to the guys on the Party Invite List I have left her name out of this post until I can verify she is OK with it being in this section....
Great idea to help those that are less fortunate.
Ivory-
You interested coming ?
I think it'd add another dimention to the gathering (in a good way) ...

Whispers-
Does a vibrator count as a toy ?
On a serious note, EXCELLENT idea. Kudos, man !!!
  • ztonk
  • 11-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Provided your screening is adequate a free 1 Hour session with Ztonk! Originally Posted by Whispers
If there is suitable interest among the ladies, I'd be happy to offer a free 1 hour BFE session....
Absolutely.
what a great idea! And... I will tell my boss as I leave for lunch, "I have to take the rest of the day off because I volunteered to attend a Holidays Toy Drive for disadvantaged kids!"
Fan-fucking-tastic! This will be lots of fun. Now I just need a date.

I'll try very hard not to make the same mistake I did last year. Sometimes I just forget that "toys" they make for children are not the same as "toys" I enjoy as an adult. I'll do my best to remember this time.
I'll be there with a bow on!

I absolutely can't wait. Could you please let us know the approximate age range of the children we'll be gathering gifts for? Merci!
I'll be there with a bow on! Originally Posted by Miss Sophie Bella

Why of course you will!

Isn't the Gift being raffled off SUPPOSED to be Gift Wrapped?

That's right Ladies and Gents. The Lovely Miss Sophie Bella stepped up and volunteered an hour of her time to the winner (provided of course he meets her screening requirements).

This could be an all time first by the way.

The dawning of the End of Days!

Having met the lovely Sophie in club settings, witnessed her at work with the other ladies and met her for lunch in a Public Setting (the lady dresses with a lot of class) you MAY get to see Whispers actually submit to screening if he wins!

She pointed that out to me rather quickly yesterday when I expressed interest that she screens and I do not........ not knowing that the fact that I am OPPOSED to screening does NOT mean I can't provide the references if I want to!

Sheesh.... For a Free 1 Hour?... I just might fess up a bit! And blame it on Holiday Spirit!
I absolutely can't wait. Could you please let us know the approximate age range of the children we'll be gathering gifts for? Merci! Originally Posted by Miss Sophie Bella
The kids we are looking at assisting are 10-17 years old. Both Boys and Girls.

You can certainly spend more than $25 if you like but it would be most appreciated that if you do so that you get multiple gifts.
Fan-fucking-tastic! This will be lots of fun. Now I just need a date.

I'll try very hard not to make the same mistake I did last year. Sometimes I just forget that "toys" they make for children are not the same as "toys" I enjoy as an adult. I'll do my best to remember this time. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign

Ok Guys.... Here is a lovely lady that needs a sponsor. Someone reach out and invite her and she WILL be approved.

Regarding your "innocent" little mistakes..... This is the reason why we will not be accepting Gift Wrapped Gifts!

All gifts will be opened and examined......

What would be nice is about 40 Christmas Stockings and some Glitter Pens so Stockings can be made for the kids. If you want to do the stockings, contact me first so we don't end up with a few hundred!

Please no Candy or Food Items. We'll use a donated Gift Card to buy Stocking Stuffers.
what a great idea! And... I will tell my boss as I leave for lunch, "I have to take the rest of the day off because I volunteered to attend a Holidays Toy Drive for disadvantaged kids!" Originally Posted by austinkboy
for those of you needing an excuse....
NO! you do NOT have to be Present to Win!

YES! A $50 Gift Card Donated will get you two Raffle Tickets!

We had a lady step up and volunteer the Stockings so that is Handled!
I am heading to GameStop today to get some $25 gift cards.... what kid doesn't love GameStop?

LF