Cotto vs. Alvarez

Any of my sports minded brothers and sisters here catch fight last night? I didn't really care for it but it was on while was chillaxing with ex-employee buddy of mine and managers at XTC last night and rather enjoyed the fight. I do not know much of these two guys and had stopped watching Boxing since the De La Hoya, Trinidad, Tyson days but found this fight to be way better than the Manny vs. Mayweather fight. These two guys threw a lot of hits and really liked seeing two guys go at it instead of ducking and running or holding. Interested what was thought about these two guys from last night and are they nobodies or are they top boxers today? Curious!
  • ztonk
  • 11-22-2015, 06:39 PM
Moved from Coed Discussions to The Sandbox, since it isn't hobby related.

ztonk
i didn't see it but can tell you that Cotto at one point, 5-10 yrs ago, was tops in his division, maybe tops pound for pound. perhaps the greatest body puncher to ever lace em up. i'd say he's gotta be past his prime but is a warrior still...

alvarez i know stepped up at one point, to mayweather perhaps, and got pounded...and by the way, unlike mayweather, cotto fought anyone and everyone in his day...dodged no one...mayweather ducked pacquiao until he was an old washed up punching bag.