Again, Where Are The Checks?

I know a lot of Texans could use $2000 to help repair their homes, pay bills, and buy groceries.

So where are they? Biden promised them before and after he "took" office. The Dim hierarchy insisted they could "walk and chew gum at the same time."

Still no checks. They couldn't even successfully impeach Trump. Now they are trying to pass a resolution based on some wild interpretation of the 25th Amendment. Meanwhile, millions of Americans, not just Texans, are suffering.

Last I heard they are trying to use some reconciliation process but have so much "non-reconciliation stuff" in the bill they can pass it.

It's hilarious that Sen Cruz's Cancun trip is today's media headline. Hell, if I had those $2000 checks I'd fly to Cancun too (Honestly I'd fly to Cabo). Gov Cuomocaust debacle is pushed to the back burner. So is the teachers who don't want to show up to work.
  • WTF
  • 02-19-2021, 10:19 AM
You need me to float ya a loan?
Yeah Cruz's trip made 10 times more coverage than the libs that took similar vacations in the past months.
biden already approved Abbots plea for disaster relief.
Damn, from reading this board, I thought all Texans are rich. Or at least those who are rich don't give a damn about the others, in which case why give them a check....oh, unless many checks are going to the rich Texans....nevermind, now I get it.
Fuck checks, open the economy so we can get back to the Trump economy for a while before that senile dummkopf finishes it off.
Damn, from reading this board, I thought all Texans are rich. Or at least those who are rich don't give a damn about the others, in which case why give them a check....oh, unless many checks are going to the rich Texans....nevermind, now I get it. Originally Posted by reddog1951
I'm specifically in the fuck checks crowd.
I'm specifically in the fuck checks crowd. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Yep Im totally against these stimulus checks.
Fuck checks, open the economy so we can get back to the Trump economy for a while before that senile dummkopf finishes it off. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
If "we" would of opened the economy 8 months ago, people wouldn't need checks. And Trump would still be President.

Damn, from reading this board, I thought all Texans are rich. Or at least those who are rich don't give a damn about the others, in which case why give them a check....oh, unless many checks are going to the rich Texans....nevermind, now I get it. Originally Posted by reddog1951
Don't fixate on Texans. Think of the Californians. Even the nonaddicts are finding it tough. My brother in Vegas says a homeless camp opened up next to a house he paid over half a mil for. Can't get local officials to do anything. Believes if he had to sell now he'd loose several hundred thousand.

Nevermind. You don't get it.
  • WTF
  • 02-19-2021, 06:41 PM
If "we" would of opened the economy 8 months ago, people wouldn't need checks. And Trump would still be President.

. Originally Posted by gnadfly
We did open the economy up and if Trump had been diligent on mask wearing....he'd still be President.

Trump fucked himself. He apparently thought he could litigate his way out of a possible loss. Or maybe the silly SOB did not think he could lose.

Don't fixate on Texans. Think of the Californians. Even the nonaddicts are finding it tough. My brother in Vegas says a homeless camp opened up next to a house he paid over half a mil for. Can't get local officials to do anything. Believes if he had to sell now he'd loose several hundred thousand.

. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Funny how we always want the government to remedy our bad luck....
The first $600 check was already mailed out. The second $1400 will be mailed out some time in March 2021. The total will be $2000 not $2600. The requirement is you had to file a tax return in 2018 or 2019 and your taxable gross on your 1040 form (for example) has to be less than or equal to $75,000. Sleepy Joe is on the job. The Dems had to win both senate races in Georgia for this to happen. It's 50-50 in the Senate, McConnell is out, Chuck S is in and Harris breaks all ties. (YES)!
And Trump would still be President. Originally Posted by gnadfly
  • Tiny
  • 02-19-2021, 11:42 PM
The first $600 check was already mailed out. The second $1400 will be mailed out some time in March 2021. The total will be $2000 not $2600. The requirement is you had to file a tax return in 2018 or 2019 and your taxable gross on your 1040 form (for example) has to be less than or equal to $75,000. Sleepy Joe is on the job. The Dems had to win both senate races in Georgia for this to happen. It's 50-50 in the Senate, McConnell is out, Chuck S is in and Harris breaks all ties. (YES)! Originally Posted by adav8s28
Yayyy!!! Free money!!!

And the USA sinks $1.9 trillion deeper into debt.

Married couples making under $200,000 a year and single heads of households making under $150,000 will get checks if this is correct:

https://www.cnet.com/personal-financ...k-this-is-why/

Well, I guess at least that's an improvement from the $300,000 originally proposed by Pelosi and Biden.
Yayyy!!! Free money!!!

And the USA sinks $1.9 trillion deeper into debt.

Married couples making under $200,000 a year and single heads of households making under $150,000 will get checks if this is correct:

https://www.cnet.com/personal-financ...k-this-is-why/

Well, I guess at least that's an improvement from the $300,000 originally proposed by Pelosi and Biden. Originally Posted by Tiny
Lotta tv's being bought!
Funny how we always want the government to remedy our bad luck.... Originally Posted by WTF
I used to fantasize about firing flaming arrows like a 14th century English longbowman at the junkie camp along the river in the park across the street from my condo back in Chicago.

Or during festival time in the summer where the transient drifters would commandeer the entire sidewalk under an overpass with their camps, and I wanted to just nonchalantly walk by, emptying out a bottle of lighter fluid onto their tents and shanties, and then throw a match on the trail as I finish passing.

Unfortunately our sick society doesn't permit us to do something about the drugged-out layabouts who squat, deface, steal, and sexually assault in our neighborhoods.

People chased gypsies out of town in the old country too. Not because they were "different", but because they were parasites at best, and predators at worst. Unfortunately the "progressive" mindset, out of a desire to be popular and "inclusive" elects to show its belly to the wolf and pretend it doesn't have teeth.
It's understandable that when you are young that $2K actually means some money to people, but by the time you are a certain age, that chump change shouldn't mean shit to you unless people are too fucking lazy to take care of their own financial difficulties by working more than one job if that bullshit money actually means something to them.

I say fuck that stimulus check. People like me are going to just end up paying for it and because this country has no money, they are just going to have to print more money and it's just more inflation... people should get off their lazy asses and go work at Amazon or any other delivery company where business is booming and they are always hiring during this pandemic.