Civil rights denied by CMU

College republicans, students, American citizens were denied entrance to the Obama speech because they were wearing "patriotic, Tea party, and Republican" clothing. So I guess anti-patriotic (Che, Hugo, SEIU) clothing was okay. Democrats should be so proud.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-nathan-harden
  • WTF
  • 07-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Nobody wearing a Hugo t-shirt was let in you idiot. They tried to keep out loons....looks like they kept out some Tea Party cry babies.
Are you ready to live and die by that statement?
College republicans, students, American citizens were denied entrance to the Obama speech because they were wearing "patriotic, Tea party, and Republican" clothing. So I guess anti-patriotic (Che, Hugo, SEIU) clothing was okay. Democrats should be so proud.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-nathan-harden Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
If I'm throwing a party, I invite whomever I want to attend and deny entrance to those I do not. Why should a speech be any different?
Typical commie ideals.
College republicans, students, American citizens were denied entrance to the Obama speech because they were wearing "patriotic, Tea party, and Republican" clothing. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
yeah, denied for security concerns ...they were only going there in the first place to be a disruption.
Typical commie ideals. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
So, in 2Pupsville it is a "commie ideal" to have security measures in place for an event attended by the leader of the free world?

You guys never cease to amaze me!
I am surprised that you admit so readily that it happened in the first place. You are not even trying to defend with denial. So now you fall back on the idea that it was good to do it. I did talk to Jeff Murphy at CMU last evening. He tried the denial. He said that the door was closed at 3:45 PM by the Secret Service and these protesters (which is not illegal), patriots (which is also not illegal), republicans (okay, maybe that is illegal these days) showed up afterwards. I am still looking to get a statement from the writer and the treasurer of the college republicans who launched the story. I have my own experiences with democratic pols playing games with times and tickets to control what is supposed to be (and billed) as an open to the public event. Mr. Murphy does admit that things did not start at the times they were supposed to. Still it is amazing that some here don't deny this kind of unethical behavior but applaude it.
  • WTF
  • 07-27-2013, 02:53 PM
. Still it is amazing that some here don't deny this kind of unethical behavior but applaude it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
If I'm throwing a party, I invite whomever I want to attend and deny entrance to those I do not. Why should a speech be any different? Originally Posted by bigtex
It actually causes me some pain...but I have to agree with you

I do wonder if the students wearing FUBU gear got in OK
If I'm throwing a party, I invite whomever I want to attend and deny entrance to those I do not. Why should a speech be any different? Originally Posted by bigtex
It actually causes me some pain...but I have to agree with you Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Ut oh, perhaps I should consider retracting my previous statement.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-nathan-harden Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Your guesses are just your opinion, nothing more.

I am surprised that you admit so readily that it happened in the first place. You are not even trying to defend with denial. So now you fall back on the idea that it was good to do it. I did talk to Jeff Murphy at CMU last evening. He tried the denial. He said that the door was closed at 3:45 PM by the Secret Service and these protesters (which is not illegal), patriots (which is also not illegal), republicans (okay, maybe that is illegal these days) showed up afterwards. I am still looking to get a statement from the writer and the treasurer of the college republicans who launched the story. I have my own experiences with democratic pols playing games with times and tickets to control what is supposed to be (and billed) as an open to the public event. Mr. Murphy does admit that things did not start at the times they were supposed to. Still it is amazing that some here don't deny this kind of unethical behavior but applaude it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I guess someone who routinely lies would be surprised at someone not denying something that happened. And you're right, no one tried to lie in defense of what is a call that belongs to the Secret Service.

Regardless of what you say, no civil rights were denied. The article in question is poorly written and leaves many questions unanswered. No examples of the shirts that were worn. In the original version the reporter included incorrect information (just like in your smear thread). The editor changed the reporter's story(Editor’s Note: This article has been modified from its original version to reflect that six students, not 10, were rejected from entering the speech, and that the students did not wait in line, but were headed toward the speech when turned around by security.)
Well Munchie, better late that never right. You are a squirrel aren't you. You're making comments on a new article that I haven't read yet. What an obnoxious little bore you have become. I am still trying to get in contact with the person behind the article As an alum I have a concern about this whole thing. I did speak with Jeff Murphy who denied that anything had taken place. So someone is lying (besides you).
You are a squirrel aren't you. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Even if he were, it's still better than being I B Idiot's sibling!
I B Idiot Originally Posted by bigtex
It's obvious, from this degree of repentance, that you did confess what you and the dumb-fuck golem jackass were doing with the rosary beads, BigKoTex!!! Tsk, tsk, tsk!!!!