WOW....JUST WOW.....time to vent.

I have been in this business 3.5 years. I love the hobby. But it is nights like this that test the love of this hobby. Had some bad and strange things happen over the past 3.5 years. But I have always been able to deal with it as part of the hobby. But this is just a little hard to take.

Have been to KC quite a few times. Love the guys, providers and area. One of my favorites touring places. But the last two days have me scratching my head.

Had a gent contact me yesterday who wanted to know when I would be in KC. Actually wanted to see me last night. But alas I couldn't. So he wanted tonight and wanted a multi hr apt. Checked into a hotel on North side of KC since my regular place was full. Had an apt. In the mean time this hobbist contacted me and asked for 7pm tonight. But he asked me a favor. Wanted me to change locations and get a place closer to him. I was happy to accommodate. I always try to work with clients whenever I can. He even picked out the hotel. I was able to get the room. So I pack up from my current location and move 40 min from my original destination. Got the room and text him to let him know. He said see you at 7. We text and he even called. All was good. His references checked out and all was good with him so I had no problem working with him on the location. At 5 min to 7 he calls and tells me he is 5 min out. Gave him the room number and he said great see you soon. 5....10...20 mins go by. I am texting him asking where he is. I hear nothing but crickets. Finally at 735pm he text me and said he was scared. WTF.....I was stunned. I even changed locations for him. What the hell was he scared of. I did tell him he at least owed me the money for the hotel that he picked out. Still have heard nothing.

Remember this gent contacted me. I didn't reach out to him. I put all I have in the hobby. Try to treat all my clients with the utmost respect. I give it all I have and more. I try to stay aware of the clients time, schedules, etc.. And don't understand when the hobbyist has no regard for my time. What makes this even worse is that I had 2 potential apts from other gents and I turned them down. I always have plan A. Never have a plan B...C...or D. I keep my apts. That may sound stupid to some....but to me....it is everything that I keep my word. It is important that the client knows that I am setting time aside for them. They are going to have my full attention.
sorry this happened to you sweetie...and you definitely went out of your way.....but I find it weird he asked for you to change hotels? what his dodge neon couldn't make it the extra 5 miles.
If this had been a regular i could see it...but a new one..Id say nope you come to me...

Chalk it up to a lesson learned

did he say what frightened him
He must have been a shill for the other hotel...LOL Sorry it happened.
Sorry you got shafted on this one. Hope this doesn't keep you from returning to KC in the future. I look forward to your next visit.
Damn that sucks. But I would never change my location for a new client or even an established one. I feel as if I invest enough money (as is) to make money in this business, so I'm definitely not switching locations twice in one day per request of a client. I would for security reasons, but that's about it.

sorry this happened to you sweetie...and you definitely went out of your way.....but I find it weird he asked for you to change hotels? what his dodge neon couldn't make it the extra 5 miles.
If this had been a regular i could see it...but a new one..Id say nope you come to me...

Chalk it up to a lesson learned

did he say what frightened him Originally Posted by BigDeal
My thoughts exactly....

Dodge neon! That's funny. Dodges suck! Gimme a Ford!
  • Emmie
  • 10-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Oh wow!! I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you honey.
Thanks for all the comments. Some were pretty funny too. That made me feel better. No it will not keep me from coming back to KC. I love it here. And Gemma....in the time I have been on here I have never done this before. But since this was multi hr I thought it would be ok. My bad....obviously. Thanks again everyone. Hopefully today and tomorrow goes better. Everyone have an amazing day.
Blacklist him. That's bullshit.
I hear ya. We learn from our mistakes. As Frankie said, blacklist him and maybe put an alert on him in the ladies sections. If you get a chance, I would love a pm from you with his handle/name. I want to make sure I avoid the shithead that did you wrong. Thanks girl! And don't let one jerk ruin your KC trips! And hope the ventiing helped.
Maybe he was afraid of getting waterboarded.
Very sorry this happened to you. It is guys like this who put a black eye on KC. Please be assured this is the exception to the guys in KC ( I would hope ). Other providers that are thinking of visiting KC read this and think no way am I going there. This guy is a jerk and should be black listed. What would he be saying on the boards if you had NCNS. Hope today is a better day for you. Nobody deserves that kind of behavior be it a provider or the guys in the hobby.
angela, sorry that happened to you.
sounds like you were doing what you thought best and it backfired.

I hear ya. We learn from our mistakes. As Frankie said, blacklist him and maybe put an alert on him in the ladies sections. If you get a chance, I would love a pm from you with his handle/name. I want to make sure I avoid the shithead that did you wrong. Thanks girl! And don't let one jerk ruin your KC trips! And hope the ventiing helped. Originally Posted by Gemma34
^^^^^ THIS!
i second what gemma said - let your sisters know who this guy is so they are aware of his tricks and cons. they may still choose/decide to schedule w/ this guy, but if you put the info out there, at least you've shared it.
I'm really surprised this happened to a provider, I read the story's, that providers NCNS a lot, or will take the first client that shows up to their door, cash in hand speaks very loud in this hobby.
I called a provider set a time and date, called to confirm, she stated we were good to go. I was on my way, I text to let her know I was close, she text back, gave me the stand by location. Once I arrived there, I texted her, she informed me she was going to get her hair cut, I asked about our appointment, she told me it would take an hour or so, I told her I would go shopping and wait, that's when she stated it would take longer. Later that day I found out another client showed 5 minutes before I did. So providers don't stack appointments or have one waiting in the wings. I still like the stories, "providers only see 1 or 2 sometimes 3 clients a day".
BTW the drive for me was 45 to an hour, then I had the same drive back home. That day sucked, but I saved 200.
A lot of that going around lately. .. I think it's terrible especially when we are flipping the tab on a room & put ourselves unavailable to other clients.
Comes with the territory love.. But I agree it is extremely frustrating!!
I have been in this business 3.5 years. I love the hobby. But it is nights like this that test the love of this hobby. Had some bad and strange things happen over the past 3.5 years. But I have always been able to deal with it as part of the hobby. But this is just a little hard to take.

Have been to KC quite a few times. Love the guys, providers and area. One of my favorites touring places. But the last two days have me scratching my head.

Had a gent contact me yesterday who wanted to know when I would be in KC. Actually wanted to see me last night. But alas I couldn't. So he wanted tonight and wanted a multi hr apt. Checked into a hotel on North side of KC since my regular place was full. Had an apt. In the mean time this hobbist contacted me and asked for 7pm tonight. But he asked me a favor. Wanted me to change locations and get a place closer to him. I was happy to accommodate. I always try to work with clients whenever I can. He even picked out the hotel. I was able to get the room. So I pack up from my current location and move 40 min from my original destination. Got the room and text him to let him know. He said see you at 7. We text and he even called. All was good. His references checked out and all was good with him so I had no problem working with him on the location. At 5 min to 7 he calls and tells me he is 5 min out. Gave him the room number and he said great see you soon. 5....10...20 mins go by. I am texting him asking where he is. I hear nothing but crickets. Finally at 735pm he text me and said he was scared. WTF.....I was stunned. I even changed locations for him. What the hell was he scared of. I did tell him he at least owed me the money for the hotel that he picked out. Still have heard nothing.

Remember this gent contacted me. I didn't reach out to him. I put all I have in the hobby. Try to treat all my clients with the utmost respect. I give it all I have and more. I try to stay aware of the clients time, schedules, etc.. And don't understand when the hobbyist has no regard for my time. What makes this even worse is that I had 2 potential apts from other gents and I turned them down. I always have plan A. Never have a plan B...C...or D. I keep my apts. That may sound stupid to some....but to me....it is everything that I keep my word. It is important that the client knows that I am setting time aside for them. They are going to have my full attention. Originally Posted by AngelaS