Pregnant Turkey!

One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store.

When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven. When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing.

When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird. With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry.

It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

Yep..................SHE'S BLONDE!
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO, Redneck ladies no doubt!
A Hobbyist has found the video of the Pregnant Turkey.

Please see the video at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxDn-RFEcBo

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
The joke aside, "stuffing" a large bird with a smaller bird or birds is a cooking technique that goes back centuries. While contemporary Americans are fairly familiar with "Turducken" (a turkey stuffed with a deboned duck, which is itself (the duck) stuffed with a deboned chicken) because of NFL analyst John Madden's "shilling" for the dish when he did Thanksgiving NFL games a few years back, the Wikipedia article on turducken:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

notes that "bird stuffed with smaller bird(s)" recipes go back to at least as far as 1807, and allegedly were done as far back as ancient Rome:
In his 1807 Almanach des Gourmands, gastronomist Grimod de La Reynière presents his rôti sans pareil ("roast without equal")—a bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a woodcock, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, an ortolan bunting and a garden warbler—although he states that, since similar roasts were produced by ancient Romans, the rôti sans pareil was not entirely novel.
Nothing like a little learning for the first morning of the holiday season.

Cheers,

bcg