Average age of providers and hobbyists

The census has me wondering....what is the average age of the DFW area providers and hobbyists????......I guess we could all give our ages and do the math but that would take forever......so maybe if the providers chime in with their best guess from experience and hobbyists do the same, we can get some kind of mathematically viable average.....if you have better methodology, I'm open for suggestions.
The average age of the men I have seen: 55. Many are retired or approaching retirement.
This isn't because I won't see younger men, it just seems to be the way it goes. Very seldom have they been in their 20's or 30's.

I don't mind giving my age for the sake of good hobby research! I'm 33.
Average age of Hobbyist.. Over the Hill
Provider.. Under the Hill
I would say the average guys that I see are mid 30's to 50's.
A poll would make this "math" easier. Probably have two; one for the guys and the other for providers.

I would set it up, but feeling kind of lazy today
  • fawn
  • 04-05-2010, 08:46 PM
The average age I see are 32-70 and I am 49 and getting better everyday.........
I totally wreck the curve being a 27 year old hobbyist.
I totally wreck the curve being a 27 year old hobbyist. Originally Posted by pathfinder940

Haha I got you beat at 25
I'm 48 and damn proud of it!
I'd think the hobbyist age would skew younger in a poll here. I once encountered some older gentlemen sharing notes and a number (and giving "prudish" me a hard time). I can't imagine either one of them on the internet. Likewise it seems most providers here are independent and have their business stuff together. I'd think it takes a few years to get to that point, so the poll would skew in the opposite for providers. Just a hunch, maybe I'm wrong.
How is 71 and loving every minute ...if I remember correctly ......but at this age I dont remember all the details .LOL But I do know I have an appointment for tomorrow morning ...I hope she remembers what to do and reminds me ....maybe she will read this and help me out .LOL ..........T
more power to ya tsrv!!!!!!my grandfather hobbied well into his late 80's.....a secret between us.....I'm hoping I got the good genes......
AVERAGE? I'd say providers average 30 and hobbyists average 50.

tsrv, I think you will be in good hands tomorrow! No worries...
more power to ya tsrv!!!!!!my grandfather hobbied well into his late 80's.....a secret between us.....I'm hoping I got the good genes...... Originally Posted by drez63
Wow - really?! I hope to be able to still see and drive when I am 80
42 here and have been told I look like I'm in my early to mid 30's.