Three Polls Show President Obama Lead Widening

So what do you think now?

Three separate polls show President Obama has a widening lead in the coming Presidential election.

A bumpy overseas trip and a month of pummeling by Democratic ads depicting Mitt Romney as an out-of-touch plutocrat and possible tax evader appear to have taken a toll.
Three polls released in the last 24 hours show President Obama widening his lead over the former Massachusetts governor to as much as nine points. The surveys of registered voters, all conducted sometime between Aug. 2 and 8, also have Romney’s unfavorable ratings headed north. Two of the polls show his support among independents slipping.

Fox News shows a 9 point lead for President Obama which is the largest gap all year.

. . . Personally, I think this election is in the bag!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...=nl_pmpolitics
You actually believe these polls are accurate FG ????
Today's Gallup poll has Obama's approval rating falling to 43%. Typically the approval rating is very close to the total vote count.
Some how I know that the first signs of disbelief about even obvious signs of just how badly Romney is faltering would come from none other than . . . .

. . . Whirlawacko!

• CJ7
  • 08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Today's Gallup poll has Obama's approval rating falling to 43%. Typically the approval rating is very close to the total vote count. Originally Posted by joe bloe
todays fox poll shows Obie ahead 49-40

who is a liar, Fox or Gallup?
I just asked the question; tell us why you believe these current polls...I am curious why you place so much faith in polls that are statistically questionable.....I understand using favorable polls to "poke a stick" in the eye of the opposition, but to use it to claim "it's in the bag"....

Can you educate me on this ?

Thanks in advance.
  • CJ7
  • 08-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I just asked the question; tell us why you believe these current polls...I am curious why you place so much faith in polls that are statistically questionable.....

Can you educate me on this ?

Thanks in advance. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

for the same reason you shot your load in your pants when Romney was slightly ahead of Obie in the polls?
The handlers that Romney has in his stable are not doing their job.

Romney, you need to keep your white ass home, homeboy!

. . . You're making a fool of yourself on the road, honkey!

If anyone knows about making a fool of himself, it's FastGoon. So, do you have "Lie, Cheat, Steal - But Win at any Cost" embroidered on your Brown Shirts?
I have said it before and I will say it again. All the current poll numbers show is what would happen if the election were held today. If you add a $5 bill to those poll numbers, you might be able to get a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

Other than that, the poll numbers do not mean very much!
Would you care to explain to the viewers at home about registered voters and likely voters? Also take the time to point out that these three polls took place or were taken while Cancergate was playing out.
The value of polls is not something written in stone.

They are wind socks that merely indicate the prevailing winds.

If the numbers would seesaw back and forth then you would not really know what to make of them.

However, the real value is in combined polls when they are predicting a sustained trend.

. . . The trend is that President Obama is pulling ahead and Mitt Romney has picked Paul Ryan for VP.

If the polls are right, it simply proves that people are too stupid to govern themselves. I think Plato was right on this one.
Sometimes people really are stupid!

. . . Or to use the British understatement, "Dumb"!

Yeah. Like the Brits are the intellectual giants of the planet. Good Lord, you're reaching, FastGoon. Hey, your Brown Shirts back from the laundry?