talking about the wife

Question for the providers... do you find it awkward/uncomfortable when clients talk about their wives during a session?

When conversing with family, friends, coworkers, etc., my habit is to always say "we did this" and "we did that", because well, my wife and pretty much do everything together. When conversing with a provider, I do the same. I don't make any effort to hide the fact that I'm married. Actually, I typically talk freely about my wife, and in a positive light (well, other than the "our sex life is non-existant" part, lol).

So is that weird? Any other guys do the same?
I don't mind it, and it's a natural thing. It seems like most of my married clients are deeply in love with their wives.

It does bother me when a client talks about his wife in a derogatory way. I had a client say, "you are so much better than my wife." Really? Not nice. Not a turn on.
It does not bother me at all when people talk about their wives. Most of my clients are married and a lot of them speak about their outside life.

I would be careful though who you say too much to before you know if you can trust them or not. There are a lot of amazing providers out there, but don't forget there are scandalous providers out there as well, who will blackmail you the first chance they get.
Oh, there are definitely scandalous providers around.
+1 not good ... kind of exhausting
I think a lot of it depends on the relationship (ATF or a one time meeting). I do not mind hearing "positive" things about the wife at all, but I agree with Holly that I don't particularly want to hear derogative or negative comments.

I believe that when negative/slanderous things are said it speaks volumes about the person saying those comments rather than about the person they are talking about. Just my opinion.
I think a lot of it depends on the relationship (ATF or a one time meeting). I do not mind hearing "positive" things about the wife at all, but I agree with Holly that I don't particularly want to hear derogative or negative comments.

I believe that when negative/slanderous things are said it speaks volumes about the person saying those comments rather than about the person they are talking about. Just my opinion. Originally Posted by ShelbySextonXXX
I completely agree with you girl!
I was watching Season1 of HOUSE OF CARDS, the scene where Kata Mara()
was trying on the clothes of Claire Underwood, wife of the guy she humps for info, Frank and I thought of this thread
And Frank was talking about his wife, all good things.

Then they showed Claire with the artist she humps talking about Frank.
it was rather funny

Here is all 3 of them

I believe that when negative/slanderous things are said it speaks volumes about the person saying those comments rather than about the person they are talking about. Just my opinion. Originally Posted by ShelbySextonXXX
In the same vein,
I love hearing bad things about another person, because I get to learn about the person saying the bad things, much more than about the person who does the bad things.
Example:
"Steve(her husband) Is always just throws the used condom on the ground!"

You then can deduce things about steves wife from that statement. a lot having to be why she can't tell steve(or maybe she does) and her habbits

I see confusion in this thread,

A significant other talking badly about the person they fuck, or don't, is not the same as how a person treats a waiter or some other inconsequential person.
They are talking badly about a person who they spend a lot time/money on and likely get naked with. Why can they do all those things and not tell that person the truth and/or why do they put up with that person doing all those things?

My dad will say shit about my mom to me and not to her, mostly just to rant., as actions(like not tipping good service) speak volumes and words are just words. My parents have been married 47 yrs and he fulfills her every desire, so is he bad for saying he gets tired of some things she does? nope.
Only thing I ever said about the Ex wife, was when she spread her legs it made the furnace come on.
I see myself as a therapist. You can talk to me about your wife, work, sex or anything else you would like to get off your chest. Im all ears. Im here to put a smile on your face.
I see myself as a therapist. You can talk to me about your wife, work, sex or anything else you would like to get off your chest. Im all ears. Im here to put a smile on your face. Originally Posted by SexyKaylen
+1000
Now if my insurance would cover therapy treatments from you beautiful gals I would be set for life
+1
I don't mind it, and it's a natural thing. It seems like most of my married clients are deeply in love with their wives.

It does bother me when a client talks about his wife in a derogatory way. I had a client say, "you are so much better than my wife." Really? Not nice. Not a turn on. Originally Posted by Holly Love
Now if my insurance would cover therapy treatments from you beautiful gals I would be set for life Originally Posted by sportster872000
I accept cash.