Keeping your texts and changing your phone...

Does anyone know if it is possible to keep your texts if you upgrade your iPhone? Or any phone? I'm sure you'd have to keep the same phone company but if anyone knows, please let me know.

And thanks in advance!
  • Tetas
  • 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Yep, they can transfer everything over to your new phone, numbers, texts, etc...
Now, if your asking can YOU do it yourself...that I don't know. I'm sure there's a way.
  • YoHou
  • 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
was google broken today?
If anyone has actually had this done, I sure would like to know.
if you backup to your computer through itunes it backs up your text in a file. This backup can be restored to a new iphone. I have done it several times with my iphone and others.
You can do it yourself, the carrier might be able to do it with a Cellebrite at a store. I don't think any phone OS backs up texts though as they're governed by FCC.

That's why to get text records from a carrier you basically need a court order.
On my smartphone, I down load free app call SMS Backup and restore.
:mf_laughbounc e:
Does anyone know if it is possible to keep your texts if you upgrade your iPhone? Or any phone? I'm sure you'd have to keep the same phone company but if anyone knows, please let me know.

And thanks in advance! Originally Posted by Prolongus
Bluetooth transfer at your provider of service and will cost you about 35d to 50d depending on your carrier....

And thanks in advance! Originally Posted by Prolongus
yes to your q... it is a Bluetooth transfer and will keep your texts and other info... there is a cost of around 30 to 50 depending on your carrier... g'day
I don't know what cell company that your talking about did not cost me anything with my cell company.

QUOTE=Action Jackson;1053390869]:mf_laughbounc e:
Bluetooth transfer at your provider of service and will cost you about 35d to 50d depending on your carrier....[/QUOTE]