SPOCK!!!! Leonard Nimoy dead at 83.

Shalom Leonard...

Miss him, I will.
RIP
Actor Leonard Nimoy, a former enlisted soldier, died Friday at age 83.

He served as a soldier from 1953 to 1955. The Army took him to Fort Ord, California, Fort Benning, Georgia, and Fort McPherson, Georgia, according to a Twitter post from Nimoy for Veterans Day in 2013.

He posted a photo of himself in uniform, wearing the rank of technician 3rd grade, equivalent to the World War II-era rank of staff sergeant (E-6).

http://www.armytimes.com/story/enter...dies/24123421/
Sad day of loss--- Live Long and Prosper!
In the spirit of this forum............keeping it political.

President Obama issued a statement on the death of Nimoy ( a liberal Democrat).

In that statement, Obama (our 1st Selfie President) referred to himself (multiple times) of course, and left out paying any thanks or acknowledgement to Nimoy's military service.

Thanks for your service Sgt. Nimoy. RIP
RIP Mr. Spock

The Force was strong with him.
In the spirit of this forum............keeping it political.

President Obama issued a statement on the death of Nimoy ( a liberal Democrat).

In that statement, Obama (our 1st Selfie President) referred to himself (multiple times) of course, and left out paying any thanks or acknowledgement to Nimoy's military service.

Thanks for your service Sgt. Nimoy. RIP Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Where exactly does he refer to himself several times? It's pretty easy to prove you wrong when all I had to do was just read the words for myself. And as for his military service, he was in the Army Special Services or entertainment division of the Army. It's something many actors did during WW2 and after. You're a sad, sad individual to not even let this pass without making it political. Your lack of respect in even this situation, is unfortunate.

Here's his statement. He says he loved Spock. That's only natural in a statement. He also recounts a meeting he had with Nimoy. Also only natural in a statement.

Long before being nerdy was cool, there was Leonard Nimoy. Leonard was a lifelong lover of the arts and humanities, a supporter of the sciences, generous with his talent and his time. And of course, Leonard was Spock. Cool, logical, big-eared and level-headed, the center of Star Trek’s optimistic, inclusive vision of humanity’s future.
I loved Spock.
In 2007, I had the chance to meet Leonard in person. It was only logical to greet him with the Vulcan salute, the universal sign for “Live long and prosper.” And after 83 years on this planet – and on his visits to many others – it’s clear Leonard Nimoy did just that. Michelle and I join his family, friends, and countless fans who miss him so dearly today
Where exactly does he refer to himself several times? It's pretty easy to prove you wrong when all I had to do was just read the words for myself. And as for his military service, he was in the Army Special Services or entertainment division of the Army. It's something many actors did during WW2 and after. You're a sad, sad individual to not even let this pass without making it political. Your lack of respect in even this situation, is unfortunate.

Here's his statement. He says he loved Spock. That's only natural in a statement. He also recounts a meeting he had with Nimoy. Also only natural in a statement.

Long before being nerdy was cool, there was Leonard Nimoy. Leonard was a lifelong lover of the arts and humanities, a supporter of the sciences, generous with his talent and his time. And of course, Leonard was Spock. Cool, logical, big-eared and level-headed, the center of Star Trek’s optimistic, inclusive vision of humanity’s future.
I loved Spock.
In 2007, I had the chance to meet Leonard in person. It was only logical to greet him with the Vulcan salute, the universal sign for “Live long and prosper.” And after 83 years on this planet – and on his visits to many others – it’s clear Leonard Nimoy did just that. Michelle and I join his family, friends, and countless fans who miss him so dearly today Originally Posted by UnderConstruction

the putznoggle in the chimphouse uses "I" twice in the above text. Even Shatner only used "I" once in his post .. so your point was ???

I'm probably the only here who has Nimoy's album. Here is a sample;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnFMJnwq9Q
RIP Mr. Spock

Originally Posted by JCM800
+1
You have got to be one of the dumbest in this forum.

I can't figure out if you can't count or can't read.

You post Obama's statement, say you read it, then tell us you don't see where Obama referred to himself several times?

Tell us just how dumb do you think we are?

Revisit what you wrote and report back again. We will give you a re-test.

BTW, are you minimizing Nimoy's service because he was in the "entertainment division" ?

We know Obama didn't think much about it; preferring instead to aggrandize his own experience with Nimoy's on screen character - Spock. And as Commander-In-Chief, ignoring Nimoy's service. Nimoy enlisted - he wasn't drafted into service !

I loved Spock.

In 2007, I had the chance to meet Leonard in person. It was only logical to greet him with the Vulcan salute, the universal sign for “Live long and prosper.” And after 83 years on this planet – and on his visits to many others – it’s clear Leonard Nimoy did just that. Michelle and I join his family, friends, and countless fans who miss him so dearly today
Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Trendy, I personally did not take the President's remarks to be self-inflating in the least. I felt he was just trying to make the point that Leonard Nimoy will be missed.

Nothing more, nothing less!

I suppose Trendy would have been happier had Obama not said anything at all.

Had he chose to say nothing, TrendingIdiot would have bitched and moaned endlessly about the President disrespecting a deceased veteran by not making a statement.

According to Trending Idiot, The President is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

But we can all take comfort in knowing that Trendy is and always will be:

TRENDING IDIOT!
An appropriate remembrance from our Commander In Chief should not have excluded Nimoy's service.

But Obama is a self absorbed narcissist; he can't help injecting his life experiences into everyone else's...living or the recently dead.

I am sure Obama sees himself in the Spock character.....big ears, cool, hip, logical detachment, above it all attitutde.

Is Obama using his mind-meld powers on ISIS to submit?
Who needs the military or CIA when we have the persuasive powers of Obama.

Trendy, I personally did not take the President's remarks to be self-inflating in the least. I felt he was just trying to make the point that Leonard Nimoy will be missed. Nothing more, nothing less!

I suppose you would have been happier had Obama not said anything at all.

On second thought, if the President would have said nothing, TrendingIdiot would have bitched and moaned about the President disrespecting a deceased veteran by not making a statement.

According to Trending Idiot, The President is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

But we can take comfort in knowing that you are still:

TRENDING IDIOT! Originally Posted by bigtex