Idiots at work

Boy scout leaders topple monument in Utah's goblin Vally then high five one another. They lead for dipshit of the year award.
Boy scout leaders topple monument in Utah's goblin Vally then high five one another. They lead for dipshit of the year award. Originally Posted by i'va biggen

Yep these dumb asses defaced the parks monuments. Good ole "trailer trash" idiots. See news article: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1489632

The rock had stood in the same spot since the Jurassic period. That is, until Glenn Taylor knocked it down.

The three accused vandals — who said their hike was part of a church campout — insisted that they were only considering the safety of other hikers, including a family who allegedly walked in front of the boulder before Taylor knocked it down.
Yep these dumb asses defaced the parks monuments. Good ole "trailer trash" idiots. See news article: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1489632 Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
I thought you were going to say "how is this political"?
  • Old-T
  • 10-18-2013, 05:55 PM
What assholes.

Bubbas at work again.

If I were the judge my first thought would be to lock them away until the rock formation grows back.
What assholes.

Bubbas at work again.

If I were the judge my first thought would be to lock them away until the rock formation grows back. Originally Posted by Old-T
Never saw a bubba wearing a hat like these? https://www.google.com/search?q=knit...&bih=775&dpr=1
If anyone would know a bubba it would be sniffy
Boy scout leaders topple monument in Utah's goblin Vally then high five one another. They lead for dipshit of the year award. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Monument? Really? The rock is about as big as an ottoman or small sofa chair. It fell down about 5 or 6 feet from its narrow perch.

Was there something special about this rock as opposed to all the other rocks around it? Or are they all "special"?

Frankly, as easily as that thing toppled over, maybe it is for the best they toppled it. They were right about that thing being capable of crushing anybody it fell on accidentally.

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see the tragedy here. Yeah, it is wrong to be doing it. But in the misdemeanor sense, not the major felony sense.

If they don't want humans modifying the place in anyway, don't let the public into the park in the first place.

Go to any famous park and you will always find rock walls with spray paint on them. Or chisel marks from rock climbers.

Those rock walls are 200 million years old, too.

Killing an endangered animal is one thing. Toppling over a chunk of rock that was probably going to fall over in the next century is not in the same category. If they have any earthquakes in that area, I don't think that rock would have made it through the next one.
The Rock didn't make it very long here either.
The Rock didn't make it very long here either. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
The ROCK will live in your head forever...LOL
Monument? Really? The rock is about as big as an ottoman or small sofa chair. It fell down about 5 or 6 feet from its narrow perch.

Was there something special about this rock as opposed to all the other rocks around it? Or are they all "special"?

Frankly, as easily as that thing toppled over, maybe it is for the best they toppled it. They were right about that thing being capable of crushing anybody it fell on accidentally.

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see the tragedy here. Yeah, it is wrong to be doing it. But in the misdemeanor sense, not the major felony sense.

If they don't want humans modifying the place in anyway, don't let the public into the park in the first place.

Go to any famous park and you will always find rock walls with spray paint on them. Or chisel marks from rock climbers.

Those rock walls are 200 million years old, too.

Killing an endangered animal is one thing. Toppling over a chunk of rock that was probably going to fall over in the next century is not in the same category. If they have any earthquakes in that area, I don't think that rock would have made it through the next one. Originally Posted by ExNYer

They are all special to the people who like this sort of things. Like the hikers who died walking in 100 degree heat to see the wave. Iff it is ok with you it will be ok if someone drops by your home and cuts down the trees?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/18...ock-formation/

Glenn Taylor, 45, and David Hall, 42, appeared in Utah's 7th District Court to enter their pleas under a deal with prosecutors. The two men from Highland were sentenced to a year of probation and ordered to pay fines and restitution, which has not yet been determined, The Salt Lake Tribune reported
Yeah their reason for toppling the boulder was for safety concerns. That boulder had been there for ages never budged even through harsh weather throughout the years. In these guys mind it's inevitable that one day someone will walk by it and the boulder will come loose and roll over someone and kill them, lol. These guys are idiots alright. I bet they're liberals, always willing to expand the parameters of safety and security.

Jim
Geeze, it's a fuckin rock.
Notice all the other rocks laying on the ground? Evidence of more "crimes".

The only dipshits in this whole affair are the morons wanting to prosecute.
  • CJ7
  • 03-19-2014, 09:42 PM
its a State Park, by law you leave shit in a state park alone, pretty sure you can't pick flowers in a SP either ... one rock isn't really that big of deal, but if the authorities let it go un noticed what happens if everyone that comes in the park moves a rock...

it doesn't really bother me that much, but I get the reaction .... the action was illegal ... the reaction is fair.