How do we get this Judge on other cases?

I'm not in the legal profession and never heard of an "administrative judge." Looks like one took out an activist judge that wanted to rule our sacred Texas Death Penalty unconstitutional solely because of her personal beliefs. Finally some sanity. Why do I think TTH knows Teresa Hawthorne and has nothing but good things to say about her?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...al-2439653.php

DALLAS (AP) — A North Texas judge was removed from presiding over a death penalty case Tuesday after she ruled that the state law allowing executions was unconstitutional.
An administrative judge sided with Dallas County prosecutors and removed state District Judge Teresa Hawthorne from the capital murder case of Roderick Harris, who is accused of fatally shooting two men in 2009. Administrative Judge John Ovard ruled that Hawthorne should be removed because of personal beliefs she expressed about the death penalty.
Ovard is the presiding judge of the state's First Administrative Judicial Region, which covers most of East Texas.
Hawthorne ruled last month that the Texas death penalty law was unconstitutional because it allows prosecutors to arbitrarily seek the penalty, The Dallas Morning News (http://dallasne.ws/xmUUQr) reported.
Harris is accused of fatally shooting brothers Alfredo and Carlos Gallardo during a robbery at a southeast Dallas mobile home in March 2009, then getting into a shootout with police.
An administrative judge is responsible for doing things exactly like what is described in the article. Forcing recusals of judges who refuse to recuse themselves when the parties seek that relief.

Hawthorne is a dumb-ass. But, she's right. The current death penalty scheme places a huge amount of discretion with the individual prosecutor as to whether the charges against a defendant will or could result in the imposition of the death penalty. It can result in similarly situated defendants, who have been charged with the same crime, being treated differently in terms of the potential range of punishments available. Happens all the time.

I happen to believe in the death penalty. But, the way it is currently administered and imposed in the criminal justice system can be inherently unfair. The point is that a poor black person shouldn't be more likely to get the death penalty than a white person who is charged with exactly the same crime. But, that happens all the time.
I'm not in the legal profession and never heard of an "administrative judge." Looks like one took out an activist judge that wanted to rule our sacred Texas Death Penalty unconstitutional solely because of her personal beliefs. Finally some sanity. Why do I think TTH knows Teresa Hawthorne and has nothing but good things to say about her?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...al-2439653.php

DALLAS (AP) — A North Texas judge was removed from presiding over a death penalty case Tuesday after she ruled that the state law allowing executions was unconstitutional.
An administrative judge sided with Dallas County prosecutors and removed state District Judge Teresa Hawthorne from the capital murder case of Roderick Harris, who is accused of fatally shooting two men in 2009. Administrative Judge John Ovard ruled that Hawthorne should be removed because of personal beliefs she expressed about the death penalty.
Ovard is the presiding judge of the state's First Administrative Judicial Region, which covers most of East Texas.
Hawthorne ruled last month that the Texas death penalty law was unconstitutional because it allows prosecutors to arbitrarily seek the penalty, The Dallas Morning News (http://dallasne.ws/xmUUQr) reported.
Harris is accused of fatally shooting brothers Alfredo and Carlos Gallardo during a robbery at a southeast Dallas mobile home in March 2009, then getting into a shootout with police. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I'm just curious if gnadfly is a reference to Socrates, if so why the odd spelling.
I had the handle gadfly on tuscl.net and it didn't have a lost password facility. The spelling fit my need for an 8 char handle that was unique and relevant to adult sites.
Ok, I'm old, but I count seven characters.
Ok, I'm old, but I count seven characters. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Pssst, the "g" is silent. j/k
Right. I'm an old MVS programmer. Back in the day a lot of userids, passwords, data names, etc had to be eight characters or less. So it was a premium to have an entire name in eight characters without abbreviation or spelling it mnemonically. But it couldn't exceed eight characters.