Ways to keep $$ local that don't involve lowering pricing or griping.

Ok by now we guys have pretty much made a clear and loud statement about price adjustment as a main issue so let's NOT include that in this thread.
That clearly is a hot button however valid and the point has been made.
TCB and service complaints are valid but have also already been stated.
Please no belittling providers, tit for tat or sarcasm in this thread (If that's possible). The last thread was an excellent idea but went south because of those things.

This thread is about Alternative productive solution based ideas ONLY. It is Not a complaint forum.

Alternative Solution #1

I am surprised that none of us considered one very obvious solution. Greatly increasing social gatherings. Odds are far greater of hobbying with someone you have met face to face and smile to smile. This generates an actual sense of REAL community. This is one huge advantage local girls have over the travelers. Also the government (Just out today) is pushing through legislation allowing them to monitor private messages on boards like these so we really can't rely on these boards for the future. Personal connections and word of mouth may be all that remains for hobbying in the coming months anyway. That is a seperate thread I started as well. Responses to that topic should be posted there.
Austin Providers should organize, pool their resources and lobby openly for legalized prostitution in the city and state. Do so in a way that represents providing as a respectable and even admirable practice benficial to society. Even if the effort for legalization fails, reducing the social stigma associated with seeing providers via such a campaign would probably be excellent for business by expanding the market.
  • 09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Well, some of us did, e.g. the old socials and Whispers' current strip club lunches. More would be better, I agree. As a lifelong teetotaler my fantasy is more along the lines of a Barton Springs pool party some Sunday afternoon. I know, eccentric, but there it is.
  • 09-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Hyde Park Gym has a free open parking lot meet roughly once a quarter; a provider who competed there would have my full attention, yowza.
  • 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM
In the movie Mongol young Temujin's (Genghis Khan's) father Esugai tells him that the primary criterion for a happy-making wife is strong legs; can I get an amen!
Well, some of us did, e.g. the old socials and Whispers' current strip club lunches. More would be better, I agree. As a lifelong teetotaler my fantasy is more along the lines of a Barton Springs pool party some Sunday afternoon. I know, eccentric, but there it is. Originally Posted by 78704
Eccentric? Hell no. I think you have an Excellent idea that involves a more wholesome environment. I would far prefer that over hanging out at some strip club. Certainly no slam on those who love em.
Many of these providers are NOT strip club types of people and neither am I.
Cookouts, BBQ's, Drum circles, Pot luck jam sessions, Group workouts, Group yoga, group dog walks etc... NOW you're talking my language. I will never attend a gathering at a strip club personally.

Again Pleeez shoot for only constructive posts. It would be great to see some positive results this time.
Hyde Park Gym has a free open parking lot meet roughly once a quarter; a provider who competed there would have my full attention, yowza. Originally Posted by 78704
Oh yes. Put them on the squat rack. Very hot.
Many of these providers are NOT strip club types of people and neither am I. Originally Posted by Codybeast
Fortunately you are wrong at that particular point. Usually what happens when someone talks about something they don't know anything about.

SOCIALS here in Austin used to be held occaisionally at Strip CLubs and turn out amongst the local ladies was no different then when they were held elsewhere.

As someone that attended those gatherings I'll comment that they tended to get out of hand as did more than a few of the socials that were held at the swingers club.

New girls were easily intimidated by what was going on and IMO we ended up with the same old gals at every gathering and interest waned.

The gals that DO get invited to the Strip Club Luncheons DO seem to have a very good time and enjoy themselves thoroughly.

We invite new gals we have not met before and/or gals that are still rather popular with the group.
Austin Providers should organize, pool their resources and lobby openly for legalized prostitution in the city and state. Do so in a way that represents providing as a respectable and even admirable practice benficial to society. Even if the effort for legalization fails, reducing the social stigma associated with seeing providers via such a campaign would probably be excellent for business by expanding the market. Originally Posted by irishlad
I would be behind this 100%, but there is really no chance this would ever pass due to many other church type people in the world. In this area, we are a minority.

Well, some of us did, e.g. the old socials and Whispers' current strip club lunches. More would be better, I agree. As a lifelong teetotaler my fantasy is more along the lines of a Barton Springs pool party some Sunday afternoon. I know, eccentric, but there it is. Originally Posted by 78704
Barton Springs pool would be a great idea, but getting a little chilly for a dip, don’t you think?

Hyde Park Gym has a free open parking lot meet roughly once a quarter; a provider who competed there would have my full attention, yowza. Originally Posted by 78704
That is a very interesting suggestion. Would still prefer an indoor location.

Many of these providers are NOT strip club types of people and neither am I. Originally Posted by Codybeast
I am a strip club person, but agree that most providers probably are not.

What about some place like Cool River on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evening? We could get several guys together to rent out the pool tables in the back of the club and have plenty of room to talk, dance, and still allow the people that smoke to light up. I little less in the spot light. I am just saying …
Fortunately you are wrong at that particular point. Usually what happens when someone talks about something they don't know anything about.

SOCIALS here in Austin used to be held occaisionally at Strip CLubs and turn out amongst the local ladies was no different then when they were held elsewhere.

As someone that attended those gatherings I'll comment that they tended to get out of hand as did more than a few of the socials that were held at the swingers club.

New girls were easily intimidated by what was going on and IMO we ended up with the same old gals at every gathering and interest waned.

The gals that DO get invited to the Strip Club Luncheons DO seem to have a very good time and enjoy themselves thoroughly.

We invite new gals we have not met before and/or gals that are still rather popular with the group. Originally Posted by Whispers
I fully respect that. As I stated it is not a slam against SC's. That is One good option for some. Not ALL providers are strip club types.
On this subject I Do know what I'm talking about because I have met several who hobby but prefer a more wholesome environment. I am among those.
I prefer an everyday environment that doesn't necessarily scream "Hey look a group of hookers and john's". The point here is to establish real life connections as one solution to keeping dollars local. It is not about SC's vs non SC's as possibilities. They are BOTH valid possibilities.

I apologize if that was taken as a slam but it was absolutely not so let's pleeez just reserve this particular thread for constructive alternatives rather than the usual verbal challenges (I am equally guilty) which is Exactly what sent the other thread into a tailspin.
  • 09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Barton Springs pool would be a great idea, but getting a little chilly for a dip, don’t you think?

You could be right. I'm from Chicago and swim there throughout the year; eccentric, check.

That is a very interesting suggestion. Would still prefer an indoor location. I am a strip club person, but agree that most providers probably are not. Originally Posted by RoundRockSecret
Whispers' lunches are actually okay, no cigarette smoke in the air, no one drunk. Evenings would likely be... different.
You could be right. I'm from Chicago and swim there throughout the year; eccentric, check. Originally Posted by 78704
I understand. I grew up in Galesburg, Il, but I have been in Texas for 15 plus years now. Jr hides in the cold now. Haha.
I have no problem with strip clubs. However, I would never attend one of the strip club luncheons because of the potential of running into someone I know professionally, and my participation in a group of men and women at a strip club during the day being a little "red flag" to my colleagues.

My profession is notoriously conservative, and even though we all know that we all have dirty little secrets, it is not appropriate to flaunt them.

When I lived in San Diego, our board hosted weekly Happy Hours at varying restaurants from 4-7pm on Thursdays. Each of the locations was public, inconspicuous, and welcomed our large group. It didn't cost the board any money, and providers and hobbyists were welcome to filter in and out throughout the evening as they saw fit. If they ran into anyone they knew, we were all dressed professionally and didn't give off any "adult entertainment" vibes. In addition, no one felt uncomfortable being seen going into a restaurant or hotel bar. We had a standing agreement that if anyone inquired about our group, we would say we were a Foodie Group from Meetup.com. There is also a rule not to "out" anyone on the boards as having attended the Happy Hour; if they choose to disclose their presence, it's their business. It all worked very well back then, and continues to work beautifully now.

In addition to the weekly Happy Hours, the San Diego board also hosts a monthly gathering, often a pool party at one of the mod's houses. The board uses monthly membership fees to pay for these gatherings.
I have no problem with strip clubs. However, I would never attend one of the strip club luncheons because of the potential of running into someone I know professionally, and my participation in a group of men and women at a strip club during the day being a little "red flag" to my colleagues.

My profession is notoriously conservative, and even though we all know that we all have dirty little secrets, it is not appropriate to flaunt them.

When I lived in San Diego, our board hosted weekly Happy Hours at varying restaurants from 4-7pm on Thursdays. Each of the locations was public, inconspicuous, and welcomed our large group. It didn't cost the board any money, and providers and hobbyists were welcome to filter in and out throughout the evening as they saw fit. If they ran into anyone they knew, we were all dressed professionally and didn't give off any "adult entertainment" vibes. In addition, no one felt uncomfortable being seen going into a restaurant or hotel bar. We had a standing agreement that if anyone inquired about our group, we would say we were a Foodie Group from Meetup.com. There is also a rule not to "out" anyone on the boards as having attended the Happy Hour; if they choose to disclose their presence, it's their business. It all worked very well back then, and continues to work beautifully now.

In addition to the weekly Happy Hours, the San Diego board also hosts a monthly gathering, often a pool party at one of the mod's houses. The board uses monthly membership fees to pay for these gatherings. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign

Thank You! My situation is similar. Being seen at a strip club is simply not worth the personal or professional risk. Needed that Where else would you guys be comfortable meeting in addition to strip clubs and happy hours or do you require alcohol in order to cope with hanging with us? lol
When I lived in San Diego, our board hosted weekly Happy Hours at varying restaurants from 4-7pm on Thursdays. Each of the locations was public, inconspicuous, and welcomed our large group. It didn't cost the board any money, and providers and hobbyists were welcome to filter in and out throughout the evening as they saw fit. If they ran into anyone they knew, we were all dressed professionally and didn't give off any "adult entertainment" vibes. In addition, no one felt uncomfortable being seen going into a restaurant or hotel bar. We had a standing agreement that if anyone inquired about our group, we would say we were a Foodie Group from Meetup.com. There is also a rule not to "out" anyone on the boards as having attended the Happy Hour; if they choose to disclose their presence, it's their business. It all worked very well back then, and continues to work beautifully now. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
Hummm, What about The Ginger Man (http://aus.gingermanpub.com/) or The Ghost Room (www.theghostroom.com)

In addition to the weekly Happy Hours, the San Diego board also hosts a monthly gathering, often a pool party at one of the mod's houses. The board uses monthly membership fees to pay for these gatherings. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
I wonder if Sixx has pool?