Is the board an effective screening tool?

Ladies and gents

With all the screening tools available P411, datecheck, back channels etc,
How much do you look at the posts made by a prospective client or provider in making a decision to set up a meeting?

Personally, I have on occasion, decided not to see someone based on her own posts. Not by what others may have said, but her own posts.

I would think it would be the same for you ladies here. If you see a potential client making mean spirited, rude comments here, how much does that effect your decision to see him?

It amazes me some of the comments I read in response to reviews, co-ed, welcome etc.

With all the venom that has been spewing about lately it makes me wonder.

I wish people would think, just a little, about the impression they are making before they post.

There is an old saying:
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"
A very small percentage of the hobbyist membership actually posts. I get the lurkers or fellows with one or two posts. For some reason, the very vocal guys with strong personalities aren't intersted in me.
For some reason, the very vocal guys with strong personalities aren't intersted in me. Originally Posted by HoneyRose
Very astute observation. Most of the clowns who spew venom and raise cain care less about the providers. All they want to do is stir up shit.

They get their (free) jollies by seeing how much controversy they can create.
I think it is helpful to be able to read a person's posting history, and yes, I will refuse to see him if his board presence is negative or simply undesirable. How he chooses to present himself here could speak volumes about how he will treat me in person. I don't know why people think the internet is consequence-free. You don't get to just act like an ass here, and not suffer the the real consequences when you desire to see one of the denizens of this community. First impressions are important. I hate to break it to some of you gents, but your first impression may very well be your board presence.
I think it is helpful to be able to read a person's posting history, and yes, I will refuse to see him if his board presence is negative or simply undesirable. How he chooses to present himself here could speak volumes about how he will treat me in person. I don't know why people think the internet is consequence-free. You don't get to just act like an ass here, and not suffer the the real consequences when you desire to see one of the denizens of this community. First impressions are important. I hate to break it to some of you gents, but your first impression may very well be your board presence. Originally Posted by tracibrooks
+1
I definitely look at posts as a tool to either add or remove a provider from the list I'd like to see. There are more than a few that I haven't even checked reviews on figuring from posts alone I'd like to meet them. Granted if I'm going to be paying for that privilege I'll do more research (possibly moving them up or down on that list) but posts alone can keep them on or off my list.
Bingo........this pretty lady deserves a prize.

A very small percentage of the hobbyist membership actually posts. I get the lurkers or fellows with one or two posts. For some reason, the very vocal guys with strong personalities aren't intersted in me. Originally Posted by HoneyRose

This pretty lady gets a prize to.

I know some people have a board persona, but if its rough, how do we know you are not rough when you see us. You if trash woman in co-ed and such, will you trash us in our faces and make the session bad.

Same for the ladies, if you are spewing poison in co-ed, are you going to that in a session to.

I think it is helpful to be able to read a person's posting history, and yes, I will refuse to see him if his board presence is negative or simply undesirable. How he chooses to present himself here could speak volumes about how he will treat me in person. I don't know why people think the internet is consequence-free. You don't get to just act like an ass here, and not suffer the the real consequences when you desire to see one of the denizens of this community. First impressions are important. I hate to break it to some of you gents, but your first impression may very well be your board presence. Originally Posted by tracibrooks
Lurkers make up a huge percentage..

the "vocal" hobbyiest typically aren't like their board persona..

the ones that are vocal..outspoken..and true to that in person..can be fun..atleast you know where you stand with them, you know they are gonna be honest, blunt and I find that refreshing..

Personally..i get that many many guys typically wouldn't see me due to my posting habits.. however..many many many guys do just because like I find some hobbyiest refreshing in their attitudes..they find me the same way..

however.most "get it".. pissing people off on a board is pretty damn easy these days.. most when they schedule and show up at the appointment are NOT worried about this board, what has been said etc.. they wanna get laid..the girl wants to get paid..so it all works out..

This board is very useful tho.. it lets girls advertise..it lets guys review and share info..it lets providers share info.. thats MORE useful than any posting habits or anything

good useful honest information from both parties.. honest ads, honest pics, honest rates from providers

honest reviews..honest alerts..honest info being shared..from hobbyiest..

thats the stuff that makes it useful..not people sharing sometimes heated opinions about subjects..

Keep in mind..i find guys that constantly cower to the hired help and post in a manner to get in the good graces of the girls unattractive and look forward to those guys NOT booking me..luckily most don't..
Personally..i get that many many guys typically wouldn't see me due to my posting habits.. however..many many many guys do just because like I find some hobbyiest refreshing in their attitudes..they find me the same way.. Originally Posted by DeAnna Luv
Deanna, I sure wish I had seen you back when I was in ATL and we running in those circles. You have GOT to think about a trip out west...Las Vegas or Phoenix, and soon!
Deanna, I sure wish I had seen you back when I was in ATL and we running in those circles. You have GOT to think about a trip out west...Las Vegas or Phoenix, and soon! Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
well I apologize that we never could connect..perhaps in the future our paths will cross.. and las vegas does sound good huh
Using the
if you can
boards can be
read between
very useful as
the lines.
a screening tool

Hopefully my comments above are easy to read. But at times even the bold stuff can be wrong. But all in all you have to use what you can even if you have to discount,(ah, bad word) think most of what you see or hear can be wrong.

How he chooses to present himself here could speak volumes about how he will treat me in person. I don't know why people think the internet is consequence-free.

I hate to break it to some of you gents, but your first impression may very well be your board presence. Originally Posted by tracibrooks
Oh, fiddle sticks, outed myself again.
Less than a year has passed since clients posting reviews and posting over time got into the ASPD social with 2 verified providers.

BUT, go read the thread if you think I'm making this shit up, they were ALL cops!!!!!

Anyone can post reviews of anyone and there is a fake review thread right now.

Buy access for a month and create as many reviews as you need and BAM you get cred in some eyes.

So bottom line.

NEVER trust the board as your sole screening tool unless you like wearing striped clothes or orange jumpsuits, or for some, really want to be deported to your native lands.