retro pinup art

How many fans of retro pinup art are on here? I have been a fan and now want to create an art project with photos instead of the drawings the did in the 40s and 50s. Gill Evans, Antonio Vargas, WWII war plane nose art was all stylish and sexy. Who would be interested in a book of art or a deck of cards with models imitating.

Who are your favorite artists from that period? I am drawn to Vargas.

link to some pinup art
Vargas simply DEFINES "pin-up" art.
I agree with RedLeg505. I used to read my fathers Playboy magazines and I always LOVED seeing the Vargas girls!

Love that type work too.
I collect vintage pinups of women of color. think about it, you hardly ever see a black or latina or Asian pinup. they're all white girls. it is a fun thing to collect because I don't find much.
  • LNK
  • 09-07-2013, 10:57 PM
I collect vintage pinups of women of color. think about it, you hardly ever see a black or latina or Asian pinup. they're all white girls. it is a fun thing to collect because I don't find much. Originally Posted by sue_nami
I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing one at all.

Can you post some examples?
  • ~Ze~
  • 09-07-2013, 11:04 PM
I stumbled across this provider who has some really great pinup style photos.

Enjoy.

http://www.eccie.net/providers.php?do=view&id=127168
well I collect um... hard copy images not ones on the computer. I guess I could maybe scan one but I don't have a scanner. these are paper images I hang on the wall.
I also collect images of mermaids of color, not many of those either
  • LNK
  • 09-07-2013, 11:18 PM
well I collect um... hard copy images not ones on the computer. I guess I could maybe scan one but I don't have a scanner. these are paper images I hang on the wall. Originally Posted by sue_nami
A photo would work. Maybe with something better than a cell phone camera if you can swing it.

Thanks for considering it, in any case.
  • LNK
  • 09-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Interesting. Thanks, sue.
I absolutely adore pin up art. I wish I could find someone to photograph me like this.
How many fans of retro pinup art are on here? I have been a fan and now want to create an art project with photos instead of the drawings the did in the 40s and 50s. Gill Evans, Antonio Vargas, WWII war plane nose art was all stylish and sexy. Who would be interested in a book of art or a deck of cards with models imitating.

Who are your favorite artists from that period? I am drawn to Vargas.

link to some pinup art
Originally Posted by Aether
Well take a tour to DFW and we can do a shoot!
I am absolutely OBSESSED with the time period 30's-50s!!!

From the interior design of my house, to my attire, to my attitude...

Pin-up is the MOST erotic, non graphic art you will EVER find!

I, too, am on the hunt for a true PHOTOGRAPHER to do a pin-up shoot. Someone who specializes in that type of art is also a huge plus! (Maybe I should post this in ISO or Business section too, not sure)

Thank you so much for the link, I was able to bookmark quite a few other pages, too, to add to my collection. *wink*

~Genesis Nicole~