Provider "Priceline"

OK - the ladies can answer this one...though I know the guys will chime in. So here goes...

Some providers only hobby occasionally while others depend on their skills as the only source of income. That being said, are there providers who sit at home waiting for the phone or the e-mail?

Is there a place for a priceline-type service to connect buyers and sellers, as in the hotel industry? (Not trying to be a wise ass - just curious how that might work.)

For example, if I want to book a four-star hotel within 2 miles of downtown Dallas, I can "bid" for available rooms. The hotel can either accept or reject my bid.

Suppose I was a "provider-priceline" verified client and would like to meet a GFE incall provider near the Galleria area. I might include request services such as BBBJ, DATY, MSOG, etc.

Would it insult a provider to have a same day "bid" for her services at a time when she just might otherwise be chilling at home? She could still screen in the usual manner before accepting or rejecting my bid.

Any ideas on whether that might be a service in the hobby's future?

Or is this a WTF moment?

H
  • pmac
  • 05-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Best idea I have heard!!! Course I am not provider.

HOW ANOUT IT PROVIDERS?????????
Would be nice if that was a means of getting hooked up around here!I have a better idea,just pm me and we can make sure my number is locked in your phone so when ever you feel the need to book on short notice you can call me,even save me as(priceline) if you want!LOL.............
p411 had a real time posting thing going on at one time if you look or email Gina and ask about it you will be given that info.Hope that helped you in some way.
There is a forum in existance for providers to go to for posting avalible times or openings when someone finds that they need to fill an opening due to a cancelation. It is more of an jumble of ads than a place a hobbiest can find a spur of the moment opening that otherwise might not have been there. AS far as a bid for services , its possible , but I doubt the providers would accept much over a 25% discount on their current rate if that. Also it would have to be easy to screen potential bidders so unless everyone flocked to p411 and or date -check and signed up , getting the winning bidder and provider hooked up with proper screening would be a nitemare.Remember the window of opportunity is steady closing with every tick of the clock. For my .02 I would love to fill my empty slots even at a small discount for I figured out long ago 100% of something is better than nothing. Of course if this were to happen then providers would be expected to give everyone the discount rate and a whole other can of worms is turned loose. Good idea probably never get off the drawing board.
All good points... I am one of those guys that just won't haggle with a lady over her donation... If her posted rate is over my budget, I just keep looking... maybe the "priceline" just allows anonymous haggling...

H
Sounds like an interesting concept. Who is going to be the spokesperson? Love to see William Shatner signing up for that!
Good ideal don't drop it, I know you guys have appointments cancel and the days schedule changes much as ours .Suddenly the opportunity to play arises who can I call??? Provider has an unexpected opening, how do I fill it???? Would have to be an hour to hour thing without the abuse of ads.. Figure it out helps everybody. Now all females know yalls little head don't think worth a flip,maybe a few of yall ussing the big head can figure out how to make this fly.
Is there an app for that?
I say let Priceline's Big Deal orchestrate it.
I'd suggest it be called "Dateline" but NBC already has dibs on that name...

H
How about:

F*kline?
The Ass Auction
e-fukn-bay
Sotheby's Fine Ass Auctions
bidding2.cum
F*kline?
The Ass Auction
e-fukn-bay
Sotheby's Fine Ass Auctions
bidding2.cum
That's some funny stuff Charles!! (lol)
Uh, I'm not sure about you guys, but getting with the lowest bidder misses the mark in my book.
I recall a pretty involved discussion on this concept on ASPD a year or 2 ago, I believe in the NOLA section. I'll try to share a couple of my topline recollections from a 100+ post thread.

1. As with anytime you talk about a Lady and her prices, some people have trouble with the discussion. That's fine clearly it isn't for everyone.

2. At least conceptually, it makes sense. It is the proverbial "win, win." The provider fills unused capacity (pardon the economist-speak) & the hobbyist gets a bargain.

3. Not explicitly stated here yet, but a key part of the PCLN model is the anonymity of the provider until after the "bid" has been accepted. That poses some logistical issues in this space, particularly in all but the largest of markets.

4. This would be very difficult to implement & is much more complex than it appears on the surface. It is not simply an "add-on" to an existing site. I could write pages on some of the implementation challenges, but for now I'll leave it at that.
I believe simple ISO posts would serve the purpose.