Moderating Co-Ed

Seriously, why is a simple thread about a sex position being edited by moderators? What could possibly have been said that needed editing? This is a forum where adult discussions about taboo topics happen all the time. Why is this one suddenly worth two anonymous moderator edits?
And we should care because..?
I would assume what ever Jules posted it had nothing to do with sex positions. The mod's have a thankless job and get paid very little for doing it, like nothing!!! There are Rules to follow and when you break them, then things get edited.
I have two words for you - Tara Evans.

I didn't know that was a Position. Thought it was a person. - Chipper
I have two words for you - Tara Evans. Originally Posted by CRamsey
I would assume what ever Jules posted it had nothing to do with sex positions. The mod's have a thankless job and get paid very little for doing it, like nothing!!! There are Rules to follow and when you break them, then things get edited. Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo
In the same light, not sure what TE has to do with JJ or the price of tea in China.

That said, I would agree the mods have a thankless job that pays poorly for babysitting a bunch of fully grown adults who like to piss in each other's cereal bowls. They could triple their pay and I wouldn't consider the job.
I hacked ECCIE's mainframe and read the unedited post. Jules revealed the secret word the mods use to get freebies from girls who've applied for verified provider status.
For the most part, they do a good job. No one is perfect. It is thankless, they don't get paid. If they do get tossed a gift from the owners, it is still a pittance. Many forget that mods are hobbyists first, mods second.

My only tips for the moderators:

a) If you start a thread or are a big participant as a hobbyist, then get someone else to moderate that thread. Do not moderate your own thread. It looks bad.

b) If you hide behind "staff" and cannot take responsibilities for your moderator actions by signing it with your handle, then maybe you should rethink being a mod. But then again we didn't have ***** ***** before. Forbidden topic - staff
SJ
Now that is funny.
I hacked ECCIE's mainframe and read the unedited post. Jules revealed the secret word the mods use to get freebies from girls who've applied for verified provider status. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Does it rhyme with ....{removed by staff for rhyming with secret word}?
Darn you Shyster, You gave it away!!!

Johnny, the thread edits had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Rather members were posting things the had nothing to do with the thread and were off topic and speculation. Since so many people don't know how to stay on topic or behave, you will often see edits that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread
For the love of grapes, don't moderate off-topic posts. Just let them play out the way they will. This is an adult website, let adults be adults and stop baby-sitting. When they start to get defamatory or openly hostile for no other reason that to be an asshole/cunt, then shut them down with a nice time-out and a private message explaining the time-out. You are honestly taking much of the joy out of this website when people can't tell slightly related jokes because it's "off-topic". FFS.
Interesting, I was gonna overlook that thread, until you posted about it.

Thanks, :-)
For the love of grapes, don't moderate off-topic posts. Just let them play out the way they will. This is an adult website, let adults be adults and stop baby-sitting. When they start to get defamatory or openly hostile for no other reason that to be an asshole/cunt, then shut them down with a nice time-out and a private message explaining the time-out. You are honestly taking much of the joy out of this website when people can't tell slightly related jokes because it's "off-topic". FFS. Originally Posted by johnnylongcaulking
I've always said the less interference by mods in discussions the better. But NEVER edit a thread to try to get it back on-topic? Nah, I don't think so. I write mostly in the legal forum, and I get annoyed when someone pulls a Roseanne Roseannadanna by misunderstanding a topic, then drones on and on about some irrelevant issue. Prudent moderation keeps discussions on track.

I've never noticed over-moderation on this site, in contrast to ASPD, where even the slightest deviation caused the mods to bring out The Gimp to thump the malefactor on the head.
The icky has it's own Gimp.