Australians furious at Facebook’s news ban

• oeb11
  • 02-18-2021, 06:38 PM
https://www.oann.com/australians-fur...ooks-news-ban/

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 3:37 PM PT – Thursday, February 18, 2021

Millions of Australian citizens and government officials took to social media to criticize Facebook’s decision to ban news content in their country. As part of the ban, Facebook blocked access to several government accounts, which deprived Australian citizens of important information.
Australians said Facebook’s actions amount to blatant interference with their domestic affairs.
“Yeah, I think it’s crazy,” Sydney resident Doug Neale said. “I’m a software developer, so I’m fascinated to see how the ban is actually affecting other sites that are getting crashed.”
“This is outrageous and unacceptable,” Minister for Health Greg Hunt (L-Victoria) said. “We expect that Facebook will fix these actions immediately and never repeat them again. This is an assault on a sovereign nation. It is an assault on people’s freedom and, in particular, it is an utter abuse of big technology’s market power and control over technology. This will go around the world, but this stops. This is unacceptable.”
In response, Australian users left Facebook and switched to Telegram.

Frances Mao

@francesmao

What Facebook has blocked in Australia so far: - All news media (local and global) - Health authorities (and their pandemic/vaccine updates) - Police and emergency services - Weather bureau (during bushfire/flood season) - Domestic violence helpline - Politicians' accounts

FB has said "government pages should not be impacted" and will be re-instated. Some of the other non-news orgs hit: - Fire services - Universities - Charities - Unions - State transport networks - Major retail shops - City councils - Energy companies - Sporting groups

Comment - marky zucky best mind what he is doing - taking on a continent and independent nation.

it also serves as a lesson for the mind-set of eh marxist SDPST/ccp big tech nomenklatura - they think themselves above the governments of nations - and seek to control and bring their marxist tyranny to the world

comrade Xi approves!!!
Best thing I ever did was delete my facebook account
Best thing I ever did was delete my facebook account Originally Posted by GastonGlock
I did so as well.
Never been on social media, so I'll have to ask, did Joe Biden's lie that there was no vaccine and no way to get into peoples arms before he became President, get flagged on FB and Twitter as mis-information?

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-c...-check-1569904

Fact Check: Were There No COVID Vaccines When Joe Biden Became President?

The Claim

Biden said in the town hall that "we didn't have" a COVID vaccine when his administration came into office.

The Facts

On the surface, the implication that Biden had taken over from an administration that did not have a COVID vaccine at its disposal was indeed false.
On January 15, the week before Biden was sworn in, 10.6 million Americans had received a COVID vaccine under Trump's administration, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) figures at the time.
The Ruling

False.
Yes, Biden did say the words: "it's one thing to have the vaccine—which we didn't have when we came into office."
It is not true to suggest that Trump's administration did not oversee the rollout of a vaccine by that time, or what there were none available.

I wonder if CNN is going to keep track of the lies that Joe Biden tells. He is off to one helluva start.
  • oeb11
  • 02-19-2021, 07:06 AM
i deleted my FB account as well.

Will XiNN keep track of fiden lies - it is alredy far too many to count- and Comrade Xi don't care about that.

BTW - i saw the XiNN has barred Chris cuomoo from commenting or doing any stories on his bro- Govcuomoo - and his murder rmapage in the nursing homes of Ny and hhis cover-up of teh matter.
Even the ny DPST's are turning on him.

fun to see the internecine wafare of teh DPST/ccpers
next - AOC - for her flagrant disregard of her own carbon -warfare /climate warming hogwash.

They are all corrupt as hell, and could not speak / write Truth /Facts no matter if their own life depended on it.
  • WTF
  • 02-19-2021, 07:10 AM
But did y'all delete your Parler accounts?
But did y'all delete your Parler accounts? Originally Posted by WTF
Never had one
Never had one Originally Posted by winn dixie
are you done with social media?
are you done with social media? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Pretty much. Still have my twittybird account to communicate with certain folks and ladies.
But did y'all delete your Parler accounts? Originally Posted by WTF
Didn't have one. This site is literally the closest I get to any social media.
1984 its here
I stop using Facebook book when there band Trump. That how I know Trump won facebook band him.
My Facebook account is for one reason ...

... so I can get on another Facebook account for research.