President Trump Backs Democrats Into a Corner

President Trump, in a unfolding masterful political ploy, has now backed the Democrats into a corner over DACA.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politi...les/index.html

First, he said ...."I want to get rid of DACA". Everybody was appalled.

Then he said....."OK, perhaps the humanitarian thing to do is let these young people stay"......BUT.......I want iron clad immigration reform, more border agents, stricter immigration controls, AND THE WALL!

Why. Because we don't want to be faced with this problem again in years to come. A strong immigration policy must start with a secure border.

But guess what. The Dems are balking. They really do not want any change in our immigration situation. Nancy an d Chuck have made this plain. So, they have to go against the DACA Kids.

For a non polititian, President Trump is sure out politicking the "Pros".
this must be what he was talking about the calm before the storm...
But guess what. The Dems are balking. They really do not want any change in our immigration situation. Nancy an d Chuck have made this plain. So, they have to go against the DACA Kids.
. Originally Posted by Jackie S
And the reason they won't (along with the Rinos in office) agree to trump's terms is cause for the most part, the DNC has always been "OUR way or no way"..
President Trump, in a unfolding masterful political ploy, has now backed the Democrats into a corner over DACA.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politi...les/index.html

First, he said ...."I want to get rid of DACA". Everybody was appalled.

Then he said....."OK, perhaps the humanitarian thing to do is let these young people stay"......BUT.......I want iron clad immigration reform, more border agents, stricter immigration controls, AND THE WALL!

Why. Because we don't want to be faced with this problem again in years to come. A strong immigration policy must start with a secure border.

For a non polititian, President Trump is sure out politicking the "Pros". Originally Posted by Jackie S
that's why "comprehensive" immigration reform under obama could never see the light of day

even with enforcement provisions in a bill, people knew obama would ignore the parts he wanted to ignore, much like he did with every other law
And what exactly IS "Comprehensive immigration reform" anyway?
Doesn't the US allow the most refugees/asylum seekers and legal immigrants of any other nation already?
The only things that needs reform is HOW WE bloody well enforce the laws we already have, AND do away with the whole Anchor baby crap..
  • grean
  • 10-10-2017, 01:06 PM
All that is all well and good except for "the wall".

It's a dumb idea that even trump admitted as much to while on the phone to the Mexican President.

He is in the corner. He shouldn't have to be but he backed himself into it.

If he would grow up, he could accomplish some great things.

As it is now, history will remember him to be a fucking moran.
history will remember him to be a fucking moran. Originally Posted by grean
is a moran smart?
is a moran smart? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I knew a Moran. I believe his first name was Ed. He was a fucking moron. Just like grean.
I knew a Moran. I believe his first name was Ed. He was a fucking moron. Just like grean. Originally Posted by bambino
bugs moran was a chicago gangster in the al capone prohibition era
is a moran smart? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I knew a Moran. I believe his first name was Ed. He was a fucking moron. Just like grean.
that's why "comprehensive" immigration reform under obama could never see the light of day

even with enforcement provisions in a bill, people knew obama would ignore the parts he wanted to ignore, much like he did with every other law Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Being aware that not all illegal aliens are Hispanic, without the immigration question Hispanic values almost fall into line with republican conservatives and not liberal democrats. The democrats don't want to "fix" immigration. It gives them power and a handle on the Hispanic vote. Take that handle away and millions of Hispanic votes will switch to the more jobs, lesser taxes, and greater freedom party of the GOP.
Looks like Trump is backing the Republican establishment into a corner. Along with the NFL and the MSM. Getting to be a crowded corner.

It's a dumb idea that even trump admitted as much to while on the phone to the Mexican President.

He is in the corner. He shouldn't have to be but he backed himself into it.

If he would grow up, he could accomplish some great things.

As it is now, history will remember him to be a fucking moran. Originally Posted by grean
looks like you are the moron with the moran comment

It's a dumb idea that even trump admitted as much to while on the phone to the Mexican President. Originally Posted by grean
If walls are such a shitty idea to protect thing, WHY THEN is it damn near every thing needing to be protected, from prisons, to military installations, to the white house HAVE WALLS around them?

What we currently have isn't working, what with barely 1/4th of the entire length being protected by some sort of barrier.. SO What would YOU suggest we do, to stop border jumpers, drug runners coming through that open border??
OR do you think we don't need to d anything?
the entire border doesn't need walls. most of the border is already impassable due to its geography, (rivers, mountains, valleys). there are sections of the border that do need walls.

700 miles is basically about what they need to put the walls in place.