Best Quality Reasonable Golf Course

Looking for a good golf course in the west houston area that does not cost an arm and a leg. Wish I lived closer to Brock, but I do end up playing there often. Want to pay less than $30.00 per round. Any suggestions?
after hours by your bookstore. Twilight at the golf course off gessner near clay. I could get in 12-14 holes after 6 for $20 if I remember correctly.
As I recall, the muni in Katy wasn't all that bad and cheap. hope it helps.
As I recall, the muni in Katy wasn't all that bad and cheap. hope it helps. Originally Posted by lickagator39

If you are talking about Sun Meadows - I agree - decent little (par 70) course and reasonable

also Bear Creek used to have a deal - tee off before 8am and 9holes with cart was like 10-15. Masters is a decent course; President is way too easy and the Exec is good if you are looking for a par-3 type.
CB, I believe you mean "Green Meadows" and it is no longer.

Does anyone know if Sharpstown is still open?

Decent for less than $30? Most are goat ranches for under $30. CB is right about Bear Creek, you might find a special out there.

West? Houston National, Houston Oaks, Jersey Village. Further west there is Waller Country Club, Fox Creek, The Legends and SFA.

Now if you want to go north..the best bang for you buck anywhere is the twilight at Woodforest, formerly Fish Creek. Grand Lake Estates is also cheap. Just tell Brown Whiskey "His Holiness" sent you.
Yep, Sharpie is still open. Bill is gone and the Pro there is From old Orchard. Ahhhh Sharpstown in August... ever see a 300 yd 7 iron?? Got some roll on it! LOL!
Yep, Sharpie is still open. Bill is gone and the Pro there is From old Orchard. Ahhhh Sharpstown in August... ever see a 300 yd 7 iron?? Got some roll on it! LOL! Originally Posted by Electradawg
We used to call that place St. Andrews. LOL!
\Ahhhh Sharpstown in August... ever see a 300 yd 7 iron?? Got some roll on it! LOL! Originally Posted by Electradawg
Yea, I guess if you blade the ball, anything is possible!

I love playing in Colorado - Colorado Springs, Denver, Aspen - you get 15-20% more carry on every shot - hell, makes you fell like one of the BIG BOYS from the tips.....problem is my short game is just as shitty up there as it is everywhere else.
my short game is just as shitty up there as it is everywhere else. Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
Are you still talking about golf?
Are you still talking about golf? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
...and to think I told you about Friz!

BTW, have you tried Ultimat (yes Ultimat not Ultimate) yet?
...and to think I told you about Friz!

BTW, have you tried Ultimat (yes Ultimat not Ultimate) yet? Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
Yes Friz....It almost ruined my life. Now I'm hooked on Polska.

I'll give Ultimat a try.
Friz is still the best bang for the buck. almost TGTBT that a vodka that good could be that inexpensive.

and btw, we switched from talking bout golf
CB...you might want to try the little city park on Canino for your short game. 18 holes of par 3 golf and it used to be open till 10 at night. It's been a while since I have been there.
CB, Did you ever play the Wednesday Night scramble at Hackberry?

Too bad it's closed now.