Clemson/LSU

Geez, almost forgot the game was tonight. Should be a good one. I’m going with Clemson. They’ve been here before. They’re big fast and talented. As is LSU. Plus a great QB matchup.
Can't pass up Clemson +5.
Can't pass up Clemson +5. Originally Posted by Sickman68
Agree
Should be a awesome game.
I'm for the Tigers!!
Well, LSU earned it. Burrow is a deserving Hiesman winner and played a great game. Lawrence was clearly off last night. Lots of future all pros on the field last night.
You look at those two QBs and the QBs left in the playoffs(minus Tannihill) and your left wondering how can the Steelers compete with the improvising skills of the modern day QB. Ben just can’t do it anymore at anything close to what he used to and Rudolph never could.
Bad day for Lawrence but both QBs are studs. Our division is going to be much tougher real soon.
You look at those two QBs and the QBs left in the playoffs(minus Tannihill) and your left wondering how can the Steelers compete with the improvising skills of the modern day QB. Ben just can’t do it anymore at anything close to what he used to and Rudolph never could.
Bad day for Lawrence but both QBs are studs. Our division is going to be much tougher real soon. Originally Posted by Charley3
Ben is an anchor for the Steelers. His money can’t be written off. At least Brady isn’t under contract. He can choose to come back at a friendly contract to let Belicheat get some better players. In a word, the Steelers are FUCKED.
Ben is an anchor for the Steelers. His money can’t be written off. At least Brady isn’t under contract. He can choose to come back at a friendly contract to let Belicheat get some better players. In a word, the Steelers are FUCKED. Originally Posted by bambino
Yes. And I believe Ben collects $30 mil next year. So that’s $30 mil for a guy that doesn’t keep himself in the best of shape and has taken more sacks then anyone. He’s old and beat up.
I’d respect the hell out of him if he just retired but he’s got 30 million reasons not to.
With the dead cap hit, Ben is playing next year no matter what. There's no other way they can possibly work the cap.

If by some chance they draft another Ben this year, they might cut him in 2021--but only if the new QB is dirt cheap because if Ben is at all functional in 2021, it is still like a 12 million dollar dead cap hit to cut him.

As I sit here thinking of things you guys can laugh at years from now, I can't help but think that the contract Ben signed last year may end up essentially wasting this defense--if Ben isn't good upon comeback and/or the folks he's throwing to don't improve, it might be 2 wasted years with the prime of what is shaping into a pretty good defense--because they can't afford to cut Ben.
With the dead cap hit, Ben is playing next year no matter what. There's no other way they can possibly work the cap.

If by some chance they draft another Ben this year, they might cut him in 2021--but only if the new QB is dirt cheap because if Ben is at all functional in 2021, it is still like a 12 million dollar dead cap hit to cut him.

As I sit here thinking of things you guys can laugh at years from now, I can't help but think that the contract Ben signed last year may end up essentially wasting this defense--if Ben isn't good upon comeback and/or the folks he's throwing to don't improve, it might be 2 wasted years with the prime of what is shaping into a pretty good defense--because they can't afford to cut Ben. Originally Posted by tannana
While I think his best days are behind him, I also am about 1000% sure Ben will be a big improvement over the absolutely terrible and at times just unwatchable QB play if 2019.