Can you name the countries of the world?

Try this online game and see if you can
http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/world
112, and a few more from not getting the spelling just so.
You did better than me..lol

Gawd how we forget as we get older..!!
Was this a test, is Pukeistan areal country.
What about dontknowshitistan.
Gave that up in 1964 when every year the new world maps had different names for countries in Africa. Almost as interesting as the Flavor of the Month here on eccie.
  • KCJoe
  • 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I only got 60 before the time was up. Couldn't get the spelling right for a lot of them
Same story. I kept on trying to spell Czechoslovakia, turned out it was Czech Republic. Let alone there was no England, Scotland etc (which are countries), Great Britain didn;t work, Britain was OK. What happened to the Great?

Also, Congo didn't work. I thought I could get a few with Portugese Congo, Belgium Congo, French Congo, German Congo (GB was sensible and had nothing to do with Congo).

Gold Coast, Ivory Coast didn't seem to work.

Knowledge of cricket tours helped with the Caribbean Islands.
92 -- When you type 'UK' for 'Ukraine', it automatically gives you 'United Kingdom', but you still try to enter Scotland. It wouldn't accept 'Bosnia' without 'Herzegovina' (which I wanted to incorrectly spell 'Herzogovinia'; couldn't remember how to spell 'Qatar' or several of the '-stans'). Good game, Sexyeccentric1, and with repetition, it hones one's geographic knowledge.
  • KCJoe
  • 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
I tried "Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan"and didn't get a hit.
I tried "Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan"and didn't get a hit. Originally Posted by KCJoe
ditto -- it's UZbekistan -- spent a few hours there while serving in Afghanistan: still couldn't spell it.