LE can take your DNA (blood) even if you are not guilty of a crime apparently..

This may be old news, but I have been trying to follow this. I am curious as to what most of you think. This seems to be a case of anyone who gets arrested or apprehended even if its a minor crime, and even if you are never convicted or released without charge these states can still take your blood and put it into CODIS.

It seems extreme and vary invasive and almost like something out of a sci-fi movie like Gattacus.

EFF Again Reminds Court Forced Warrantless DNA Collection Violates Fourth Amendment

Link to article
Well, we have to supply fingerprints for your drivers license and to get something notarized. Why wasn't someone bitching a fit about those first? Fingerprint collection dates back to least the 70's.
  • CJ7
  • 07-15-2012, 01:03 PM
dna gets innocent people out of prisons, keeps innocent people from going to prison, and puts guilty people in prison. DNA records help find missing people, the elderly, children, and adults, living or dead.

there are certainly pros and cons ...

as of now the solution is pretty simple ... if you dont want to take a chance of LE drawing your blood for their records dont break the law and get arrested.
They may take a Blood sample for a DWI case to determine BAC or possibly other substances. But as far as a common arrests they obtain DNA through a mouth swab. They take a large Q-Tip and swab the inside of the mouth the swab is then placed in a hermatically sealed plastic bag and then filed to be further processed through a testing Lab.
  • CJ7
  • 07-15-2012, 01:22 PM
even if Im never arrested I always entertain the idea of giving a cute fem cop a sample of my DNA

Well, we have to supply fingerprints for your drivers license and to get something notarized. . Originally Posted by pyramider
You dont have to submit finger prints to get something notarized. Not all notaries require that. If you sign real estate documents for buying a house the closer who notarizes your documents does not require fingerprints from you. Only your signature. Only certain Notaries and certain docs actually require a finger print from the notary.

I never had to give a finger print to obtain my license and neither did either of my kids who now drive.

Cj7, your points are well taken. I still think this is incredibly intrusive, but how many actual murders and rapes where DNA was obtained and never used? Look at how many rape cases there are where the DNA kits are never opened and sit on shelves for years while innocent people sit behind bars.
dna gets innocent people out of prisons, keeps innocent people from going to prison, and puts guilty people in prison. DNA records help find missing people, the elderly, children, and adults, living or dead.

there are certainly pros and cons ...

as of now the solution is pretty simple ... if you dont want to take a chance of LE drawing your blood for their records dont break the law and get arrested. Originally Posted by CJ7
Yeah. Like the government will never abuse their authority. Behave yourself, and it will be ok.

You understand nothing of freedom.
  • CJ7
  • 07-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah. Like the government will never abuse their authority. Behave yourself, and it will be ok.

You understand nothing of freedom. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

not breaking the law and not being arrested and put in jail is the epitome of freedom.

look it up
So, if a person is arrested, it can only be because they committed a crime and are guilty. Cool! We can get rid of courts and juries now. You just saved the government a lot of money! Thanks, CBJ7!
  • CJ7
  • 07-15-2012, 02:05 PM
So, if a person is arrested, it can only be because they committed a crime and are guilty. Cool! We can get rid of courts and juries now. You just saved the government a lot of money! Thanks, CBJ7! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

for a lawyer you say some stupid shit ...

but who knows, if someone gets arrested in Florida their DNA may prove they killed 8 people in Nevada
Do yourself a big favor and don't pursue that fantasy. About 75% of all female cops happen to be lesbians. Ijs.
  • CJ7
  • 07-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Do yourself a big favor and don't pursue that fantasy. About 75% of all female cops happen to be lesbians. Ijs. Originally Posted by acp5762

it was a joke not a fantasy

but hey, if 25% are dick friendly theres always hope
it was a joke not a fantasy

but hey, if 25% are dick friendly theres always hope Originally Posted by CJ7
Just don't offer her a gratuity.
  • CJ7
  • 07-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Just don't offer her a gratuity. Originally Posted by acp5762

Me?

No sir, I'd NEVER do such a shameful thing.
  • KCJoe
  • 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I can see it now. A provider gets arrested and has her stomach pumped and the DNA is used to prosecute her clients.