NYT Article on Adult Film Industry and STD Testing

• Tiny
  • 11-06-2012, 08:17 AM
There's an article in the New York Times today about testing for STD's in the adult film industry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/06/he...dustry.html?hp

Stars get tested within 28 days before any condomless encounter for HIV, syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. Apparently this has worked since 2004 so that no one has gotten HIV. Several actors got syphilis this year, but apparently were treated quickly so it didn't spread.

Would something like this work in the hobby? I suspect not, as it would require clients to get tested more frequently than they wish. And it would potentially be a big instrusion on privacy, in a country where prostitution is illegal. Not an issue for me as I'm so paranoid I'm afraid of BBBJ.

Moderator - Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Feel free to move it -- I can think of about 3 where it could go.
Testing is every 28 days and sometimes every 14 days depending on what company youre shooting for. When I shot for Brazzers and Reality Kings they both required a test that was no more than 2 weeks old...

Unfortunately, I don't think something like that wOuld ever work in the hobby for numerous reasons..