Communication Request

I know texting is the "in" thing and has it's advantages. But it also has plenty of disadvantages.

Wouldn't it make sense to text in response to a text, pm in response to a pm, or call in response to a call (if told it is an option in a voice message)?

Some of us don't do this enough to justify a hobby phone, don't want a text trail (even an erased one), and quiet often are driving (best place to be alone) when calling to contact a lady here.

But still, time, after time, I call, leave a voicemail (granted not a great thing to do, but nothing incriminating spoken), and get an almost immediate text. If now isn't a good time to get back then wait, (or listen to the voicemail which almost always says, "send a PM").

Thank you for your attention and your patience.

Best Regards,
IAL
Google voice app, burner app, talkatone app, any of these on a smart phone take care of different number for calls and texting.
Google voice app, burner app, talkatone app, any of these on a smart phone take care of different number for calls and texting. Originally Posted by SOULFLY
And would no doubt stir the attention of my IT department.

Thanks,
And would no doubt stir the attention of my IT department.

Thanks, Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Very good point. I ALWAYS, when responding to a potential or current client, think about the situation BEFORE submitting any kind of contact whatsoever. It is our responsibility as a provider to have the utmost discretion.
Ladies... before you send that text/email or leave that vm, stop and ask yourself... If this were seen or heard by a SO, how would it be interpreted? Is this gonna completely derail someone's RW life? If the answer is yes, DONT DO IT!
Again, it is not only our responsibility as a provider, but a common courtesy as a human being.
just my $.02.
Happy hobbying ladies and gents.....

Getting a text in response to a missed call happens in the real world, too. Most often, I think it's because the party being called is in the company of a person they can't or don't want to talk in front of and can't conveniently get away.

Wouldn't it make sense to text in response to a text, pm in response to a pm, or call in response to a call (if told it is an option in a voice message)?

Some of us don't do this enough to justify a hobby phone, don't want a text trail (even an erased one), and quiet often are driving (best place to be alone) when calling to contact a lady here.

Thank you for your attention and your patience.

Best Regards,
IAL Originally Posted by Iaintliein
senor lieIn,
so what are you requesting?
* for providers to respond to you in the medium you messaged them (txt for txt, email for email, etc.)?
* a better way for you to communicate w/ providers?

is how they respond really a big concern to you? if so, you may need to rethink all of this. be grateful when/if they respond at all. or select a provider who reportedly has great TCB & communicating skills.

a real inexpensive tracphone is about $40 and minutes start at about $20. small potatoes when you consider a provider is gonna cost around $200+.
otherwise, google-voice or similar app on your phone.

final btw, dont text and/or call when driving! pull off into a parking lot or a shade-covered area or even a parking garage to do your comunicating. the life you save may just be your own!

good luck in your search for delites!
So you are using your work phone for hobby purposes.

Might want to rethink that one.
You photo shopped a lion to a person just to make this thread?
What does texting on a burner phone ever prove?
Thanks to the very few who seemed to follow.
Yes, respond the same way contacted, no I did the photoshop a long time ago, yes, I know about disposable phones and have used them, no, I wasn't asking for anyone's advice.

Thanks,