Rate changes at the last minute

OK, I have encountered a situation and was curious about what everyone thought.

I booked with a lady for today. We set the time, place etc. As we were booking through P411 I just trusted those rates and took the appropriate amount out of the ATM.

When I got home I sent an email to confirm and, just out of curiosity, looked at her profile and noticed she has since changed the rates.

I'm not going to complain about the rates (they aren't outrageous or anything) but I am curious what everyone's thoughts are. Should I be expected to pay the rate there now, or the rate that was there when I booked?
Maybe she forgot to update the page. I am sure if you ask which site is correct she would not mind telling you...
In this particular case P411 is her only web site. She also doesn't have a showcase here.
Lets see:
The Rate you Booked at on P411 ?
The Rate she recently upgraded too on P411 ?
The Rate that that is on Eccie ?
The Rate that is on BP ?
The rate that is on Eraps or TER ?

don't laugh, i have seen this senerio and all rates were DIFFERENT.

NO Haggling over Rates, just pay the highest one would be my guess. lol

seriously, alecia is right:
Communication is KEY to a Happy Session.

CG
If she doesnt have a showcase here, and p411 is her only site then what are you using to compare the rates? She changed her rates on 411 or did you see it in a BP ad?

I still say just ask lol...hope you find your answer!
She changed the rate on P411. Had I not checked I'd have never even known. And we're talking a girl who has had the same rate as long as she's been on the scene.
I have had this happen to me recently, I had a gentleman booked at my old 125 "Top View" rate and he had booked a few days out. So I decided to update my rates and could not find it in me to contact him and tell him he needed to bring more for the donation. It just didn't seem fair to me, he booked me in advance at a certain rate and I didn't want to seem like an upseller

If I was you I would just contact her and explain your quanadry. If that makes you uncomfortable just bring the higher amount

I am guessing different ladies feel completely different about this particular and somewhat touchy subject, so it would probably be best if you noticed the change in rates to just explain your confusion.
If she doesnt have a showcase here, and p411 is her only site then what are you using to compare the rates? She changed her rates on 411 or did you see it in a BP ad?

I still say just ask lol...hope you find your answer! Originally Posted by alecia
Reread his post. He's not comparing rates on different sites, her rate increased from one day to the next on p411.
  • lluv2
  • 04-04-2011, 06:34 PM
There was a provider that raised her rates between my initial contact and when I was going to see her, I asked her about it and she said np, she would grandfather me under the old rates.
She evidently decided it was time to update her rates, and if she's been on the scene for a while, as indicated, it's just natural evolution. In my case, if you booked AND confirmed at an old rate, you'd stay at that. With her increase being so recently-timed, I think she'd probably be okay with the previous quote if you politely asked her in advance and not just assumed so.

As long as we're discussing this, I'm curious: I, and most other ladies here and on P411, will run a limited-time special, a deal of the week, a sale, whatever you'd like to call it. If, gentlemen, you book an advertised SPECIAL that is obviously not the lady's normal posted rate, will you expect that every time you see her in the future? I've had a few misunderstandings over this.
As long as we're discussing this, I'm curious: I, and most other ladies here and on P411, will run a limited-time special, a deal of the week, a sale, whatever you'd like to call it. If, gentlemen, you book an advertised SPECIAL that is obviously not the lady's normal posted rate, will you expect that every time you see her in the future? I've had a few misunderstandings over this. Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
I see a one time special as just that, one time. Not a future rate.

We are bordering on thread hijacking with this line. If you need more opinions or if others want to join in, please start a new thread.

Thanks

Torito
I see a one time special as just that, one time. Not a future rate.

We are bordering on thread hijacking with this line. If you need more opinions or if others want to join in, please start a new thread.

Thanks

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
My apologies. I thought of it as a related side issue to the original question. I'll start a new thread.
If you had an agreement to see her before her rate changed, then I'd think the rate at the time of the agreement should apply. If you were just discussing scheduling and had not reached an agreement, then new rate should apply. That's generally how it works in every other business I can think of. Regardless, probably best to clarify with her as Alecia wisely suggests.
If you requested thru P411 at the rate on her ad at the time I would think that is the rate you would expect to pay. However, if it has changed I would inquire with her prior to appointment to make sure you have the correct amount. Does not hurt to ask.
Turns out it's a moot point as she never replied to even get directions, but I appreciate everyone's input.