Gut feelings

So I had an experience today that I have never encountered in the years I have been involved in the hobby, so I'm looking for a little feedback.
I have an appointment set with a woman at her in-call hotel in the DFW area. When I pull into the parking lot I just have a feeling something just isn't right. Now I have had this feeling before, especially when meeting someone new, but this felt different. Still thinking with the little head instead of the one with a brain, I proceed to her room. If this had been a no-tell motel I would have bailed immediately but this was an upscale national chain (not Motel 6). When I got to her room she had left a key hidden that I could pick up and then enter the room. Following directions I entered the room but it was pitch black. The lady I was to meet was on the bed sleeping, I believe. We chatted for a bit and then she said "why don't you get comfortable" and yes we all know what that means. As I start to disrobe I ask her if she is going to do the same and get comfortable. I am informed that she will not get into her birthday suit until I am buck nekkid!! I have never had that happen to me where they refuse to disrobe either before I do or at least simultaneously. She could sense my discomfort and said if I was that uncomfortable with her rules we could just end our meeting with no hard feelings. Finally thinking with my brain, I decided to take her up on this offer. Now, she was really cool with my decision and said since nothing happened I did not have to pay for a session. I proceeded to get dressed and told her the least I can do is give you a little Christmas present as she did schedule me and we did meet but...... Therefore I decided to leave her a tip for her efforts.
I will not publicly divulge the name of this lady as it would not be fair to her that my gut told me to leave. Remember there was nothing concrete to say this was a disaster waiting to happen.
All I can say is that in the years of hobbying this is the first time I bailed. Did I jump the gun or did I finally use a modicum of brain power or am I just a chicken shit. Rhetorical question to a degree but I will listen to feedback.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
  • MojoR
  • 12-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Its easier to regret running and later realize you might have overreacted then to not listen to your intuition and have something horrible happen that could have ended up with you in jail or the hospital....

If it had been me, I would have walked away as soon as I opened the door and saw her in bed with the lights off. While her reaction was cool - it seems like a very strange way for a provider to have set things up...
Weird. Glad you got outta there.
Before I found ECCIE I tried CL once about 7 years ago. Somewhat similar experience and it was a scham. She then said she would take the money to her "driver". I knew what was up and would not let her go until she gave me most of my money. I think I lost about $150 that day, and did not try again until I found this site.

Now the fact she let you walk with nothing is odd. Not sure what her thing was. You're right; I've never disrobed before they do. I guess guys do if it's a massage? Other than that, it doesn't make sense.
Sounds like you and she handled it well. Always trust your feelings. And you did leave her something. As long as she does not post a "He's an asshole and walked out on me" thread all seems well.
Everyone has different introductory routines, could be hers. I mean it is still common to get the "are you a cop" or intro grope of goodies...the notorious litmus test routines.
If she is established here or other then who knows what it is, i agree seems a bit strange though. A well known on the board at the time had the strangest to date; I often wonder how many other first timers had to spend the rest of their day smelling of caress.

Either way no harm no foul but curious who it was and their side of the story. The hidden key strikes me as the most odd for an intro meet.
As they say, trust your gut.
Yes had a similar experience. Had a predominantly backpage provider require me to get completely naked while she sat on the bed. I felt extremely uncomfortable as you did (all types of disproportionate risk in this) - and after pulling off my shirt I rethought this process with a much clearer mind. Put my shirt back on and, after politely explaining my reasoning to her, promptly left. Irrespective of her motives/procedures/reasoning, leaving was very much the right decision for me.
Warren Buffet told me once and he said always follow your gut. When you have that gut feeling, you have to go with it don't go back on it.

LeBron James
Its easier to regret running and later realize you might have overreacted then to not listen to your intuition and have something horrible happen that could have ended up with you in jail or the hospital.... Originally Posted by MojoR
+1000

Always listen to your gut.
maybe I'm doing it wrong, but thinking back on whom I've seen, I'm the one who got naked first... sometimes it's simultaneous, and I haven't been asked to strip first. of course, no clothes come off of me, untill I've decided everything is safe.

in your situation, I'm not sure what I would have done, because the lights off, her in bed part would concern me... but if I got past that, and she asked me to get naked first... maybe peek in the bathroom to make sure we're alone... then I would be ok.. I think if she was planning to rob you, the pimp would have already jumped out..
We chatted for a bit and then she said "why don't you get comfortable" and yes we all know what that means. As I start to disrobe I ask her if she is going to do the same and get comfortable. I am informed that she will not get into her birthday suit until I am buck nekkid!! Originally Posted by 74comet
first yellow flag for me is "why don't you get comfortable?"
a great provider doesnt have to ask that, period!
and if the woman wont get "comfortable" when i do, more yellow if not red flags fly.
good you got out of there w/ minimal damage.

I SURE WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHO THIS WOMAN IS SO I [AND OTHERS] DONT HAVE TO GO THRU THIS AWKARDNESS!!!!!

Yes had a similar experience. Had a predominantly backpage provider require me to get completely naked while she sat on the bed. I felt extremely uncomfortable as you did (all types of disproportionate risk in this) - and after pulling off my shirt I rethought this process with a much clearer mind. Put my shirt back on and, after politely explaining my reasoning to her, promptly left. Irrespective of her motives/procedures/reasoning, leaving was very much the right decision for me. Originally Posted by aalexium
again, agree 100%!!!

besides, mutual disrobing, esp when one person disrobes the other, is much more stimulating, erotic, sensual, and collaborative!!

even some of the women at AMPs will help you get disrobed!!

that "you get disrobed before me" technique is sooooooo 1990s.
it is either a setup to "you play over there and i'll play over here", a "guess what? my pimp is coming in to rob you.", or who knows what else.
DONT PLAY THAT GAME!

Warren Buffet told me once and he said always follow your gut. When you have that gut feeling, you have to go with it don't go back on it.

LeBron James Originally Posted by Gentlemen Rendezvous
your gut instinct is powerful.
listen to it!!!
No taint tickling ... what a shame.
Kayleehotchick said in a thread once "When in doubt, chicken out". Sound advice both then and now.
ALWAYS listen to your gut. It may needlessly keep you from an explosive orgasm far more often than keeping you out of harm/jail but it's not worth the risk. Intuition is a great asset.
Why wouldn't she greet you? Unless it was planned for her to be in the bed in the first place? This is just strange all around. Leaving a key for you? WEIRD. Just weird.

Somebody's got a screw loose somewhere or it was a bad set up.