Texas Constitutional Carry Law???

Yes its call Constitutional Carry Law, where anyone in Texas can carry a handguns in public without a license, background check or training. If I was there I would be practicing my quick draw. You know the local police can’t wait until they are driving down the worst street in Dallas and everyone is walking around with hand guns on their hip.
Missouri has had constitutional carry for years if you had read their constitution. Kansas has constitutional carry. Many other states have it as well. You're making the same stupid argument that Hollywood made in the 80s with that forgotten movie. They were wrong then and you're wrong now. According to the FBI, people who carry are less likely to commit a crime and less likely than law enforcement to make a mistake.
Missouri has had constitutional carry for years if you had read their constitution. Kansas has constitutional carry. Many other states have it as well. You're making the same stupid argument that Hollywood made in the 80s with that forgotten movie. They were wrong then and you're wrong now. According to the FBI, people who carry are less likely to commit a crime and less likely than law enforcement to make a mistake. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Yep. Texas will be I think the 20th? state with constitutional carry. The other 19 haven't turned into Mad Max.

You know the local police can’t wait until they are driving down the worst street in Dallas and everyone is walking around with hand guns on their hip. Originally Posted by theotherguy1
Maybe they'll start acting like the "Peace Officers" that Texas Law Enforcement is supposed to be, and not some jack-booted thugs considering they might get domed for acting up. Additionally,

If I was there I would be practicing my quick draw. Originally Posted by theotherguy1
If you're not practicing your draw and only worried about making tight groups, you're as good as dead when you need it.
And, btw, continuing Barlycorn's comments, it appears that there's no write ups about ahole's with guns drawing on civies that openly carries.
Think about that.
See I didn't know that. I was talking to my cousin who is a cop and he thought it was stupid. I was going with what he told me.
See I didn't know that. I was talking to my cousin who is a cop and he thought it was stupid. I was going with what he told me. Originally Posted by theotherguy1
Tell your cousin:

1.) I'm a better shot than him
2.) I don't need a license to exercise my rights
3.) If he want to make sure people get better training, make it part of the public school curriculum.
I was talking to my cousin who is a cop and he thought it was stupid. I was going with what he told me. Originally Posted by theotherguy1
Probably not a good idea ... "going with what he told" you.

First of all, if you "cousin" the "cop" told you that's what it's called .... then he's STUPID ... so start there.

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2782851

The named given by the Texas Legislation is:

"Firearm Carry Act of 2021"

But stupid cops are always making up shit about what the legislature or the SCOTUS has done with respect to matters that should concern law enforcement officers. Sometimes it's because of hysterical prosecutors who run their mouth before they read....an affliction on Eccie.

In case you can't follow a link:

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87...pdf#navpanes=0

get a copy and provide it to your "cousin" ... if he can read.

It's cops like your cousin who make criminal defense lawyers rich. So at least he's making a contribution. And now you're helping him out.
Yes its call Constitutional Carry Law, where anyone in Texas can carry a handguns in public without a license, background check or training. If I was there I would be practicing my quick draw. You know the local police can’t wait until they are driving down the worst street in Dallas and everyone is walking around with hand guns on their hip. Originally Posted by theotherguy1

Well first of all "anyone" can not buy a gun from a federally licensed gun dealer without a background check. That may soon come to apply to nearly every transfer of a firearm. In fact, "anyone" can not get a firearm repaired by a gunsmith without a background check I believe.

I for one am not in favor of letting "anyone" from openly carrying a gun under any circumstances. Yet I strongly endorse conceited carry with a permitting process that requires significant amounts of classroom and range training . . . .with fees for the trainer and and to the state for the permit.

I have run into others who claim that the training and permit process unfairly penalizes "the poor" and un-educated by depriving them of their Constitutional Rights!

Oh well . . . .
Gentlemen ... the law has to do primarily with HANDGUNS ...

... this law merely disposes of the necessity of obtaining a CHL*.

For all of my life Texas has had what is often called the "saddle bag" rule that allows people in Texas to possess a handgun in the vehicle in which they are TRAVELING .... and this new law unfortunately AGAIN fails to define ... what is TRAVELING so there will be a statewide definition as opposed to regional differences. It also gives little if any directives on how LE is to deal with the decision as to whether the person is LAWFULLY entitled to possess the firearm in their possession.

CHL was relatively easy: it was associated with the DL and the vehicle so long as the people in the vehicles were registered owners....which excludes rental vehicles and used car lot sales in which they don't transfer the title.

(*Which in my opinion was effectively useless in so far as training and knowledge is concerned ..)
It also gives little if any directives on how LE is to deal with the decision as to whether the person is LAWFULLY entitled to possess the firearm in their possession. Originally Posted by LexusLover
All the guidance police need is in the 2nd Amendment. If you're alive, you have a right to carry a weapon to protect yourself.
All the guidance police need is in the 2nd Amendment. If you're alive, you have a right to carry a weapon to protect yourself. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
If you’re alive and a citizen of the US.
All the guidance police need is in the 2nd Amendment. If you're alive, you have a right to carry a weapon to protect yourself. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Neither statement is correct.
If you’re alive and a citizen of the US. Originally Posted by bambino
Nah, everyone has the right to defend themselves. Governments elect to infringe on that right, including our own.
If you’re alive and a citizen of the US. Originally Posted by bambino
Fortunately, that's not "the law" and hasn't been for a seemingly long period of time. Initially CHL was intended to resolve some of the obvious issues with respect to handgun carrying, but it quickly became a commercial enterprise to facilitate handgun sales. The amount of training (classroom & range) is seriously defective and inadequate for the realities of street life and self-defense against anything but a paper target on the line.