True liberal scum , typical of that deranged cult

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-bankman-fried Originally Posted by oilfieldace
To be honest, I do not “get” this entire crypto currency thing.

It looks to be a giant Ponzi scheme. It’s kind of like these flim flam artist are saying, “it’s worth something because we say it is worth something”.

Nothing seems to back it up, except the good will of those involved. At the very least, a dollar says. …..”This note is payment for all debts, public and private”.

I guess the big question now is, did this sorry piece of shit break he law.? And if he did, will nobody bother to prosecute him because as it turns out, he’s a darling of the Left.
its sort of like, i'm selling you a "coin" i developed

i'll keep the cash

hope it goes up for you
its sort of like, i'm selling you a "coin" i developed

i'll keep the cash

hope it goes up for you Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I don’t think any of those crypto currencies has this on them.

https://www.eccie.net/attachment.php...1&d=1668637299
Attached Images File Type: jpeg F772921F-C519-4A94-BF3C-E9043FA046D5.jpeg (163.9 KB, 68 views)
this guy is a con artist. his GF was CEO. has a math degree from Stanford. claimed she didn't need it to run the company ... okay baby if you say so!!!

his top exec's were all his MIT buddies. what could go wrong??

Meet Caroline Ellison, Sam Bankman-Fried’s top exec — and rumored ex-girlfriend

https://nypost.com/2022/11/14/meet-c...ex-girlfriend/

Caroline Ellison — the 28-year-old CEO of doomed crypto firm Alameda Research — is facing scrutiny not only over the firm’s multibillion-dollar meltdown, but also over rumors that she’s the ex-girlfriend of disgraced FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried.

Ellison and Bankman-Fried were part of “cabal of roommates” based in a “luxury penthouse” in the Bahamas that were behind the machinations at FTX and Alameda, according to a bombshell report by CoinDesk. Alameda was one of about 130 FTX Group affiliates included in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing last week.

The housemates are reportedly Bankman-Fried’s former college classmates at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and former coworkers at the quantitative trading firm Jane Street.

Relationships between the group of 10 insiders weren’t strictly business – members of the inner circle “are, or used to be, paired up in romantic relationships with each other,” the report said.

A “cabal of roommates” reportedly controlled FTX and Alameda.Twitter / @carolinecapital

Ellison and Bankman-Fried have occasionally dated while running the now-bankrupt cryptocurrency empire – the value of which went from an estimated $32 billion at its peak to effectively zero following a rapid decline.

“The whole operation was run by a gang of kids in the Bahamas,” a person familiar with the matter told CoinDesk.
“They’ll do anything for each other,” another source told the outlet.

A Boston native, Ellison graduated from Stanford University and worked as a trader at Jane Street before getting involved with FTX and Alameda.

With the firm’s meltdown underway, social media users poured over her old interviews — including a now-viral podcast appearance from July 2020, where Ellison described her childhood obsession with Harry Potter books and her affinity for LARPing — where participants dress up as and portray fictional characters.

Social media users are digging up Caroline Ellison’s old podcast appearances.Twitter

“i was pretty obsessed with Harry Potter as a kid,” Ellison said. “I started, I was 3 when the first book came out, my parents read it aloud to me, and when I was 5, the second book came out, I refused to wait for my parents to read it, so I read it myself.”

Ellison hasn’t tweeted since Nov. 9 and has yet to address the bankruptcy.

Current and former employees at FTX and Alameda told CoinDesk that Bankman-Fried and his circle of friends effectively ran wild, with little oversight and major conflicts of interest that sparked alarm among workers.

Aside from Ellison and Bankman-Fried, other “roommates” in the Bahamas included FTX co-founder and Chief Technology Officer Gary Wang and FTX Director of Engineering Nishad Singh.

The workers also said they were told little about what was happening at the top levels of the cryptocurrency firms as they spiraled toward bankruptcy.

“Gary, Nishad and Sam control the code, the exchange’s matching engine and funds,” one of CoinDesk’s sources said. “If they moved them around or input their own numbers, I’m not sure who would notice.”

Ellison and Bankman-Fried did not respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment.

The Post has reached out to FTX for comment. Alameda Research’s website appears to be offline.

Alameda had deep links to FTX’s collapse – which accelerated after CoinDesk reported the cryptocurrency hedge fund was heavily invested in FTT, a token issued by FTX.

Caroline Ellison hasn’t tweeted since Nov. 9. Somewhere between $1 billion and $2 billion in client funds has disappeared since FTX’s collapse, according to Reuters.

Bankman-Fried is alleged to have “secretly transferred $10 billion of customer funds” from FTX to Alameda – money that was used to fund the firm’s risky trades.

Bankman-Fried told Reuters he “disagreed with the characterization” of the $10 billion in transferred funds.

“We didn’t secretly transfer,” Bankman-Fried said. “We had confusing internal labeling and misread it.”

Caroline Ellison is CEO of Alameda Research.Twitter / @carolinecapital

Earlier this week, Bankman-Fried had put his penthouse in the Bahamas’ exclusive Albany resort up for sale for nearly $40 million.

But insiders say all of the FTX top brass had homes in the residence — it’s unclear just how many properties will be listed in the coming days.

The Albany Club — the most exclusive resort community in the Bahamas which boasts members including Tiger Woods and Justin Timberlake — has also gotten stuck in the crosshairs.

Sam Bankman-Fried lost his entire fortune during FTX’s collapse.Joe Schildhorn/BFA.com

The neighborhood was intended to cater to “a new breed of global elite,” according to comments made Albany partner Jason Callender several years ago.

But over the weekend, Albany Club General Manager Damien Michelmore sent residents an email with the update that fellow member Sam Bankman-Fried’s company “FTX filed for bankruptcy” and instructed residents not to speak to the press.
Good article, TWK.

His chick looks like an even bigger nerd than he does... who knew nerds could be so corrupt?

When I was a kid, nerds were scared of their own shadows. Now, they're acting like OG's jacking money from people for billions from their keyboard. WTF has happened? That's quite the fucked-up geek evolution. Haha
revenge of the nerds!
i had seen this picture of a frumpy, dowdy looking woman circulating on twitter, didn't know who she was for a week.

wokeness has unleashed nerds

they assert themselves now

but like all of these kids, they know nothing but think they know much

here's our balance sheet, but oh its only a subset of our balance sheet

thats GAAP, right? but i'm sure these kids have never heard of GAAP and cant be bothered

what idiots
Good article, TWK.

His chick looks like an even bigger nerd than he does... who knew nerds could be so corrupt?

When I was a kid, nerds were scared of their own shadows. Now, they're acting like OG's jacking money from people for billions from their keyboard. WTF has happened? That's quite the fucked-up geek evolution. Haha Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Common ground , I like it.

Fortunately when I was kid , there weren’t any nerds, dinosaurs roamed freely and we just minded our own business and tried not to get devoured by one of those creatures.

Please , I know most Dinos were plant eaters, it was a lil white lie
  • WTF
  • 11-17-2022, 10:47 AM
Good article, TWK.

When I was a kid, nerds were scared of their own shadows. Now, they're acting like OG's jacking money from people for billions from their keyboard. WTF has happened? That's quite the fucked-up geek evolution. Haha Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Those needs were pretty smart....made a pile of money and did their banking in the Bahamas!

Funny how now our right leaning posters now think there should be laws and regulations!
Yet another Stanford graduate putting their education to good use.

She can meet up with Elizabeth Holmes in the slammer and they can have an alumni reunion.

Sentencing tomorrow.
Those needs were pretty smart....made a pile of money and did their banking in the Bahamas!

Funny how now our right leaning posters now think there should be laws and regulations! Originally Posted by WTF

not smart enough apparently since it all crashed. this dude's gonna claim it was all legit. maybe it was but once a run started he knowingly took funds from customers to try to prop up the exchange per what's been reported. once he did that he committed financial crimes. or it was a ponzi scheme from the start and given reports up to 477 million "went missing" then he saw it falling apart and snagged as much as he could and hid it.

he'll claim it was a hack. good cover story. might even be true. nope. until there's proof of an external hack and there likely never will be i say he snagged the money so he wouldn't be completely broke knowing it was going to fall apart. legit or scam, my bet is he took the money that has been reported unaccounted for.

obviously civil suits are already being filed. they've snagged several high profile sports types like Tom Brady, Shaq, Steph Curry and even Brady's now x-wife for their promotions that clearly helped get this exchange going. even with civil standards below a low bar, i don't think any of these athletes and celebs being held liable. what idiot assuming it was a scam from the start tells these people that? no way Brady, Shaq, etc knew upfront this was a scam. even if it wasn't a scam, how would these celebs know it would crash? that this nerd dude would get himself over-leveraged?

this nerd dude can be charged criminally too. and he can't hide in the Bahamas. there's extradition treaties in place. taking client funds to prop up other business is exactly what got that pharma dude about 4 years. just got released on parole recently. but he still did 4 years and this nerd bro isn't in the clear by a long shot for possible criminal charges and doing time. if i'm right and he took money for him personally then if he gets charged with crimes he'll suddenly vanish. let's see if that happens.

Funny how now our right leaning posters now think there should be laws and regulations! Originally Posted by WTF

there are regulations in the US. he setup shop in the Bahamas to avoid them on purpose.