Cancellation etiquette...not to painful to read

In the last two weeks I've had three ladies cancel on me within an hour of the appointment without reason. Two of these were confirmed two hours before the appointment, and the third I called and happen to catch her in the midst of a family emergency. Shit happens. I'm use to it here. No biggie. Such is life in the biz.

So my question/suggestion. If I were a provider, scary thought, and I did this to a client, I would call/text/pm/smoke signals later to apologize and try to reschedule. A smart business lady would realize that she has already done the ground work with screening and communication. Otherwise the customer may "write you off" as a potential visit, and you lave lost that sale plus the opportunity of repeat business.

Just think of how many appointments you miss a year for whatever reason and how many you could "get back" if you just put out a little effort and a courtesy follow-up.. For the record these were young providers.

Sidenote...
I think too much of the business is handled by texting. With a new appointment, it would be nice if at least one of the communiques was done with a short conversation. It just seems more personal.
Thinking like a businessman...good suggestions...wow, 3 cancellations in 2 weeks within an hour? Gotta be a record. Yes, ladies, don't forget the courtesy follow-up.
In the last two weeks I've had three ladies cancel on me within an hour of the appointment without reason. ... Originally Posted by cookie man
cookie man, sorry that happened to you. but that is the nature of this business. things happen, sometime people let us know why, sometimes they dont. i know how it feels [tho it's been a while since it happened to me], but dont let it get you down. find an outlet for your energy and you will probably be ok.

btw, chocolate chip, sugar, snickerdoodle, almond, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip oatmeal raisin [like at potbelly's sandwiches], something else?? are you the cookie or do you eat the cookies?

Thinking like a businessman ... Yes, ladies, don't forget the courtesy follow-up. Originally Posted by Prolongus
prolongus, that may be the problem, "Thinking like a businessman". while there are financial and business aspects to these encounters, i wouldnt count on this sub-culture being operated like a business. great when it does, but it doesnt always happen that way.
Pmdelites fear not, it not get me down. Just kinda frustrating and Plan B usually isn't quite as good. I know it's the nature of this business. However it did occur to me, that if the provider had made the suggestion to reschedule or had checked back in with me, I would have understood and tried to see her again. But since they don't care enough to followup, I don't care enough to want see them. They lost my future business.

So it's just a suggestion to the ladies. If you cancel at the last minute for whatever reason, think about re-contacting the gentlemen asap to try again. I'll bet more than half will appreciate it and re-schedule.

I know this is pushing it a bit, but I am always impressed when a provider sends me a PM saying she had a good time, and it was nice meeting me. Very smart.

BTW
Cookies are a big part of my life, but I can't tell you why...lol.