What he said...Obama on Oregon

The unofficial transcript:
There’s been another mass shooting in America — this time, in a community college in Oregon. In another liberal "gun free" zone.
That means there are more American families — moms, dads, children — whose lives have been changed forever. That means there’s another community stunned with grief, and communities across the country forced to relieve their own anguish, and parents across the country who are scared because they know it might have been their families or their children. Enough about Chicago where I used to hang out. Lets talk about Oregon instead.
I’ve been to Roseburg, Oregon. There are really good people there. I want to thank all the first responders whose bravery likely saved some lives today. But lets forget about the veteran who was shot trying to defend students and the armed veteran who was told to "stand down" by school officials. Federal law enforcement has been on the scene in a supporting role, and we’ve offered to stay and help as much as Roseburg needs, for as long as they need. As long as I need a reason to go back on TV for this.
In the coming days, we’ll learn about the victims — young men and women who were studying and learning and working hard, their eyes set on the future, their dreams on what they could make of their lives. And America will wrap everyone who’s grieving with our prayers and our love. And I'll use their tragedy to push for more useless gun laws like the kind that failed today.
But as I said just a few months ago, and I said a few months before that, and I said each time we see one of these mass shootings, our thoughts and prayers are not enough. It’s not enough. Oops! Almost started talking about Chicago again. It does not capture the heartache and grief and anger that we should feel. And it does nothing to prevent this carnage from being inflicted someplace else in America — next week, or a couple of months from now. Or this weekend on the southside of Chicago.
We don’t yet know why this individual did what he did. And it’s fair to say that anybody who does this has a sickness in their minds, regardless of what they think their motivations may be. Thank Allah we didn't find out he was a Muslim this time. But we are not the only country on Earth that has people with mental illnesses or want to do harm to other people. We are the only advanced country on Earth that sees these kinds of mass shootings every few months.
Earlier this year, I answered a question in an interview by saying, “The United States of America is the one advanced nation on Earth in which we do not have sufficient common-sense gun-safety laws — even in the face of repeated mass killings.” And later that day, there was a mass shooting at a movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana. That day! Somehow this has become routine. The reporting is routine. My response here at this podium ends up being routine. My demand for more useless gun laws is getting to be routine. The conversation in the aftermath of it. We’ve become numb to this.
We talked about this after Columbine and Blacksburg, after Tucson, after Newtown, after Aurora, after Charleston. It cannot be this easy for somebody who wants to inflict harm on other people to get his or her hands on a gun or a knife, machete, or pressure cooker.
And what’s become routine, of course, is the response of those who oppose any kind of common-sense gun legislation. Right now, I can imagine the press releases being cranked out: We need more guns, I say that they’ll argue though that is not what they really said. Fewer gun safety laws I'll claim but they really want the right to self defense.
Does anybody really believe that but what I really want to know is are my supporters still that stupid? There are scores more like 130 million that didn't shoot up a school today of responsible gun owners in this country –they know that’s not true. We know because of the polling that says the majority of Americans understand we should be changing these laws — including the majority of responsible, law-abiding gun owners but I lie.
There is a gun for roughly every man, woman, and child in America in the hands of millions of lawful gun owners so not everyone has a gun. So how can you, with a straight face, make the argument that more guns will make us safer? We know that states with the most gun laws tend to have the fewest gun deaths now this is maybe the biggest lie I told today. So the notion that gun laws don’t work, or just will make it harder for law-abiding citizens and criminals will still get their guns is not borne out by the evidence okay, maybe this is the biggest lie..
We know that other countries, in response to one mass shooting, have been able to craft laws (which included a ban and confiscation) that almost eliminate mass shootings but increased the violent crime rates. Friends of ours, allies of ours — Great Britain, Australia, countries like ours. So we know there are ways to prevent it.
And, of course, what’s also routine is that somebody, somewhere will comment and say, Obama politicized this issue just like I politicized Trayvon, Gates, Ferguson, Baltimore, and Benghazi. Well, this is something we should politicize. It is relevant to our common life together, to the body politic. I would ask news organizations — because I won’t put these facts forward — have news organizations tally up the number of Americans who’ve been killed through terrorist attacks over the last decade and the number of Americans who’ve been killed by gun violence, and post those side-by-side on your news reports. This won’t be information coming from me; it will be coming from you. We spend over a trillion dollars, and pass countless laws, and devote entire agencies to preventing terrorist attacks on our soil, and rightfully so but we....I failed to prevent violence in Tennessee, Boston, and Fort Hood. And yet, we have a Congress that explicitly blocks us from even collecting data which is the actual law on the books but don't hold me to following a law on how we could potentially reduce gun deaths. How can that be?
This is a political choice that we make to allow this to happen every few months in America. We collectively are answerable to those families who lose their loved ones because of our inaction. When Americans are killed in mine disasters, we work to make mines safer. When Americans are killed in floods and hurricanes, we make communities safer. When roads are unsafe, we fix them to reduce auto fatalities. We have seatbelt laws because we know it saves lives. So the notion that gun violence is somehow different, that our freedom and our Constitution prohibits any modest regulation (talking about a ban here again) of how we use a deadly weapon, when there are law-abiding gun owners all across the country who could hunt and protect their families and do everything they do under such regulations doesn’t make sense. So why do I and my ilk keep bringing up the same old solutions that have failed us so far? Just stupid I guess.
So, tonight, as those of us who are lucky enough to hug our kids a little closer are thinking about the families who aren’t so fortunate, I’d ask the American people to think about how they can get our government to change these laws, and to save lives, and to let young people grow up. And that will require a change of politics on this issue. And it will require that the American people, individually, whether you are a Democrat or a Republican or an independent, when you decide to vote for somebody, are making a determination as to whether this cause of continuing death for innocent people should be a relevant factor in your decision. If you think this is a problem, then you should expect your elected officials to reflect your views and put armed security, including trained teachers who wish to carry weapons, inside our schools.
And I would particularly ask America’s gun owners — who are using those guns properly, safely, to hunt, for sport, for protecting their families — to think about whether your views are properly being represented by the organization that suggests it’s speaking for you.
And each time this happens I’m going to bring this up. Each time this happens I am going to say that we can actually do something about it, but we’re going to have to change our laws. I am going to advance the same gun laws that have failed us which is insane I know but this is all we've got. And this is not something I can do by myself. I’ve got to have a Congress and I’ve got to have state legislatures and governors who are willing to work with me on this.
I hope and pray that I don’t have to come out again during my tenure as President to offer my condolences to families in these circumstances. But based on my experience as President, I can’t guarantee that. And that’s terrible to say. And it can change. Now that you're focused on this problem you can forget my spanking by Putin, my failures in Syria, and my continued failure to get the economy back off the ground.
May God bless the memories of those who were killed today. May He bring comfort to their families, and courage to the injured as they fight their way back. And may He give us the strength to come together and find the courage to change and fuck Hillary Clinton.
Thank you.
He needs to ask the Russians for help with all the violence here in this country.
294 mass shootings in the US this year, and all of them are Obie's fault.
There’s been another mass shooting in America — this time, in a community college in Oregon. In another liberal "gun free" zone.
That means there are more American families — moms, dads, children — whose lives have been changed forever. That means there’s another community stunned with grief, and communities across the country forced to relieve their own anguish, and parents across the country who are scared because they know it might have been their families or their children. Enough about Chicago where I used to hang out. Lets talk about Oregon instead.
I’ve been to Roseburg, Oregon. There are really good people there. I want to thank all the first responders whose bravery likely saved some lives today. But lets forget about the veteran who was shot trying to defend students and the armed veteran who was told to "stand down" by school officials. Federal law enforcement has been on the scene in a supporting role, and we’ve offered to stay and help as much as Roseburg needs, for as long as they need. As long as I need a reason to go back on TV for this.
In the coming days, we’ll learn about the victims — young men and women who were studying and learning and working hard, their eyes set on the future, their dreams on what they could make of their lives. And America will wrap everyone who’s grieving with our prayers and our love. And I'll use their tragedy to push for more useless gun laws like the kind that failed today.
But as I said just a few months ago, and I said a few months before that, and I said each time we see one of these mass shootings, our thoughts and prayers are not enough. It’s not enough. Oops! Almost started talking about Chicago again. It does not capture the heartache and grief and anger that we should feel. And it does nothing to prevent this carnage from being inflicted someplace else in America — next week, or a couple of months from now. Or this weekend on the southside of Chicago.
We don’t yet know why this individual did what he did. And it’s fair to say that anybody who does this has a sickness in their minds, regardless of what they think their motivations may be. Thank Allah we didn't find out he was a Muslim this time. But we are not the only country on Earth that has people with mental illnesses or want to do harm to other people. We are the only advanced country on Earth that sees these kinds of mass shootings every few months.
Earlier this year, I answered a question in an interview by saying, “The United States of America is the one advanced nation on Earth in which we do not have sufficient common-sense gun-safety laws — even in the face of repeated mass killings.” And later that day, there was a mass shooting at a movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana. That day! Somehow this has become routine. The reporting is routine. My response here at this podium ends up being routine. My demand for more useless gun laws is getting to be routine. The conversation in the aftermath of it. We’ve become numb to this.
We talked about this after Columbine and Blacksburg, after Tucson, after Newtown, after Aurora, after Charleston. It cannot be this easy for somebody who wants to inflict harm on other people to get his or her hands on a gun or a knife, machete, or pressure cooker.
And what’s become routine, of course, is the response of those who oppose any kind of common-sense gun legislation. Right now, I can imagine the press releases being cranked out: We need more guns, I say that they’ll argue though that is not what they really said. Fewer gun safety laws I'll claim but they really want the right to self defense.
Does anybody really believe that but what I really want to know is are my supporters still that stupid? There are scores more like 130 million that didn't shoot up a school today of responsible gun owners in this country –they know that’s not true. We know because of the polling that says the majority of Americans understand we should be changing these laws — including the majority of responsible, law-abiding gun owners but I lie.
There is a gun for roughly every man, woman, and child in America in the hands of millions of lawful gun owners so not everyone has a gun. So how can you, with a straight face, make the argument that more guns will make us safer? We know that states with the most gun laws tend to have the fewest gun deaths now this is maybe the biggest lie I told today. So the notion that gun laws don’t work, or just will make it harder for law-abiding citizens and criminals will still get their guns is not borne out by the evidence okay, maybe this is the biggest lie..
We know that other countries, in response to one mass shooting, have been able to craft laws (which included a ban and confiscation) that almost eliminate mass shootings but increased the violent crime rates. Friends of ours, allies of ours — Great Britain, Australia, countries like ours. So we know there are ways to prevent it.
And, of course, what’s also routine is that somebody, somewhere will comment and say, Obama politicized this issue just like I politicized Trayvon, Gates, Ferguson, Baltimore, and Benghazi. Well, this is something we should politicize. It is relevant to our common life together, to the body politic. I would ask news organizations — because I won’t put these facts forward — have news organizations tally up the number of Americans who’ve been killed through terrorist attacks over the last decade and the number of Americans who’ve been killed by gun violence, and post those side-by-side on your news reports. This won’t be information coming from me; it will be coming from you. We spend over a trillion dollars, and pass countless laws, and devote entire agencies to preventing terrorist attacks on our soil, and rightfully so but we....I failed to prevent violence in Tennessee, Boston, and Fort Hood. And yet, we have a Congress that explicitly blocks us from even collecting data which is the actual law on the books but don't hold me to following a law on how we could potentially reduce gun deaths. How can that be?
This is a political choice that we make to allow this to happen every few months in America. We collectively are answerable to those families who lose their loved ones because of our inaction. When Americans are killed in mine disasters, we work to make mines safer. When Americans are killed in floods and hurricanes, we make communities safer. When roads are unsafe, we fix them to reduce auto fatalities. We have seatbelt laws because we know it saves lives. So the notion that gun violence is somehow different, that our freedom and our Constitution prohibits any modest regulation (talking about a ban here again) of how we use a deadly weapon, when there are law-abiding gun owners all across the country who could hunt and protect their families and do everything they do under such regulations doesn’t make sense. So why do I and my ilk keep bringing up the same old solutions that have failed us so far? Just stupid I guess.
So, tonight, as those of us who are lucky enough to hug our kids a little closer are thinking about the families who aren’t so fortunate, I’d ask the American people to think about how they can get our government to change these laws, and to save lives, and to let young people grow up. And that will require a change of politics on this issue. And it will require that the American people, individually, whether you are a Democrat or a Republican or an independent, when you decide to vote for somebody, are making a determination as to whether this cause of continuing death for innocent people should be a relevant factor in your decision. If you think this is a problem, then you should expect your elected officials to reflect your views and put armed security, including trained teachers who wish to carry weapons, inside our schools.
And I would particularly ask America’s gun owners — who are using those guns properly, safely, to hunt, for sport, for protecting their families — to think about whether your views are properly being represented by the organization that suggests it’s speaking for you.
And each time this happens I’m going to bring this up. Each time this happens I am going to say that we can actually do something about it, but we’re going to have to change our laws. I am going to advance the same gun laws that have failed us which is insane I know but this is all we've got. And this is not something I can do by myself. I’ve got to have a Congress and I’ve got to have state legislatures and governors who are willing to work with me on this.
I hope and pray that I don’t have to come out again during my tenure as President to offer my condolences to families in these circumstances. But based on my experience as President, I can’t guarantee that. And that’s terrible to say. And it can change. Now that you're focused on this problem you can forget my spanking by Putin, my failures in Syria, and my continued failure to get the economy back off the ground.
May God bless the memories of those who were killed today. May He bring comfort to their families, and courage to the injured as they fight their way back. And may He give us the strength to come together and find the courage to change and fuck Hillary Clinton.
Thank you. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOObczCkE4
Umpqua Community College is not a "Gun Free Zone" students can carry a concealed weapon on campus according to Oregon's concealed carry laws.

Jim
Umpqua Community College is not a "Gun Free Zone" students can carry a concealed weapon on campus according to Oregon's concealed carry laws.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
More proof that CCL doesn't do jack shit.
More proof that CCL doesn't do jack shit. Originally Posted by WombRaider
That's not proof of anything. Not everybody carries a concealed weapon. Maybe no one who was carrying at the time was in close proximity to the shooting and was unaware of it. Or maybe there was no actual shooting, hmm.

Jim
That's not proof of anything. Not everybody carries a concealed weapon. Maybe no one who was carrying at the time was in close proximity to the shooting and was unaware of it. Or maybe there was no actual shooting, hmm.

Tell that to the families, you piece of subhuman shit.

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-shootin...221518231.html

Not proof of anything? Well then a shooting happening in a gun-free zone isn't proof of a goddamn thing either, is it?

There was a guy with a gun on that campus, you lying sack of shit. And it didn't stop a goddamn thing. Suck on that.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...e-of-massacre/
  • MrGiz
  • 10-03-2015, 05:25 PM
... you piece of subhuman shit.
...Not proof of anything? Well then a shooting happening in a gun-free zone isn't proof of a goddamn thing either, is it? . . . .

There was a guy with a gun on that campus, you lying sack of shit. And it didn't stop a goddamn thing. Suck on that. Originally Posted by WombRaider
DUMB PHUCK!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pELwCq...&autoplay=true

'Nuff Said

Not proof of anything? Well then a shooting happening in a gun-free zone isn't proof of a goddamn thing either, is it?

There was a guy with a gun on that campus, you lying sack of shit. And it didn't stop a goddamn thing. Suck on that.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...e-of-massacre/ Originally Posted by WombRaider
This story keeps changing it's not even worth it. First there was 15 killed 20 wounded then they changed that to 10 killed and 9 wounded. Then the shooter was in custody then they reported he was deceased. They said he was in a shoot out with police and they shot him Now they are saying he killed himself before police arrived. They'll come up with something new every day for the next week. I'll guarantee another shooting with similar circumstances will take place before Christmas maybe even Thanksgiving.

Jim

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...e-of-massacre/ Originally Posted by WombRaider

If any one attacks you wormser, you can just fling some monkey shit at them. K

This story keeps changing it's not even worth it. First there was 15 killed 20 wounded then they changed that to 10 killed and 9 wounded. Then the shooter was in custody then they reported he was deceased. They said he was in a shoot out with police and they shot him Now they are saying he killed himself before police arrived. They'll come up with something new every day for the next week. I'll guarantee another shooting with similar circumstances will take place before Christmas maybe even Thanksgiving.

Yep, just one of those things, right? "Just another bullshit shooting" I believe you described it as?

At some point, everyone will come to their senses and we will get together to figure out a solution to the prevention of these events. You won't be a part of that because you are fucking callous, non-thinking idiot. But, other...more serious people....will figure it out.
I guess that the most interesting thing about the admiral's post is his utter lack of concern for the fact that another dozen or so folks have been shot down like dogs in a massacre enabled by a gun control system that allows seriously mentally ill people to obtain assault rifles, hi-cap pistols and all the ammunition they want, so that when they blow a fuse, they can go kill 10 or 20 or 30 utterly innocent people.

His concern isn't preventing that sort of event in the future. The admiral's concern is making certain that existing gun laws continue to allow psycho's like the Oregon psycho to continue to kill utterly innocent folks in the future so we can protect him from the imaginary forces of the government who want to take away his rights.

Good call admiral. Spot on. Let's set today as the marker for how many people will die as a result of the policies you support and promulgate in the next 12 months. I'll be keeping track. We'll match the number of innocent people shot down like dogs versus how many times you had to use your Airsoft Garand to defend yourself against government tyranny. Agreed?

Thank you. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I know. How can you even stand it when they just keep getting the number of dead people wrong? Maddening....I am not surprised that this bothers you more than the fact that 15 or 20 were killed or 20 or 9 were wounded.

Shouldn't that be what we focus on? The ineptitude of the press TO GET THE FUCKING BODY COUNT RIGHT?!?!?

I am totally with you on this....you fucking stupid, non-thinking, non-analytical, dumb fucking asshole.