Waco please tell me why!

So I was doing my map and booking for my rooms...for my Waco to Austin trip and everything in between.

JUST GO LOOK AT Hotel Prices on the 18 and 19 of Feb.in Waco The good hotels! Hell even the horrible ones?????? Why would it be $250 a night in Waco and 70,000 points a night?
Hell Killeen is not much better on a weekday....?

Did I miss something did this area turn Hollywood in the several years that I have stayed away?
What has improved what is so fantastic about Waco now? The Magnolia Empire ? That is the only thing I can think of that is different. Surely that alone does not make that kind of price increase... JUST WOW.....

Is there a college game or event that is happening that weekend?
Valentines is over soooooo not exactly sure what is happening.

Yes I looked at priceline and hotels dot com I like to use my hotel member ships numbers directly rack up points and get to use the benefits late check out etc etc... but damn going to half to do something different this trip...
$250 for hotel rates in WACO & KILLEEN??????????????????????? ?????? LOL
Yeah.. it has been a problem for a little bit. I have family in the area and noticed the spike last summer. Was going to attempt to visit Waco when I do my Dallas run-- but may have to skip it if I can't find a decent room at a decent rate.