I can't quit SMOKING!!!! HELP!!

Okay so I have been trying to quit smoking over the course of the last two months. I'm down to where a pack lasts me two days. I was smoking a pack a day, so I feel I have made great strides. The down side to this is, now I am all sweaty! Is this normal? Will it stop? I'm thinking about just stopping altogether but the sweaty-ness is really gross.
I've tried the patch but it burns my skin and leaves a red mark for about a week after I take it off. The gum has to be about the nastiest thing ever created. I can only chew it for about two or three minutes before I want to spit it out.

I'd like to hear some suggestions, if you tried some non-conventional method. Hypnotism maybe?
What worked for you??
I have something to satisfy the oral fixation.

Good luck and keep trying. I think it is the hardest substance to quit. The first few weeks are the toughest. Eat healthy and avoid spicy foods. eat a lot of fruit and drink a lot of decaf ice tea to flush the system.
I have something to satisfy the oral fixation. Originally Posted by cpi3000
Cheeky monkey!!

I will give your method a whirl. But you are also asking me to stop eating spicy food? That's another one of my vices! I guess I can do without it for a couple weeks...
Try putting the patches on your bum. Yep, your cheeky parts. The skin is less sensitive and thicker so there should be less irritation. Try cinnamon mouthwash and gum and if you use the nicotine gum, try the mint and remember to not chew it, just hold it between your cheek and gums. Also, drink alot of water and find something calorie free to put in your mouth
  • T-Can
  • 04-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Have you tried Camel Snus? I saw a story on 60 Minutes last night - very interesting. It helped people quit smoking but they still had the nicotine addiction. The main thing is that they quit smoking. I've never tried but I've seen them try to push it in the bars.
Thanks, Dharma! I will affix my last patch to my arse and we'll see what happens. If it burns my booty will you kiss it better???

Have you tried Camel Snus? I saw a story on 60 Minutes last night - very interesting. It helped people quit smoking but they still had the nicotine addiction. The main thing is that they quit smoking.
I have not tried it but I have seen advertisements for it at the corner store. Is that dip? No likey the dip.
They also have those new battery operated cigarettes that has water vapor instead of smoke. It helped me and my wife stop smoking. They taste great and doesn't have much of a smell at all. Also worked for my boss. Might cost alot to get everything you need at first but probably cheaper then smoking.
  • T-Can
  • 04-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I have not tried it but I have seen advertisements for it at the corner store. Is that dip? No likey the dip. Originally Posted by UTR ATF
I hear it's not like dip - they are packets that come in different flavors. I know there is dip that come in packets too but I think Snus is a little different - I don't think it makes you salivate like dip so no spitting.

I might have to try some and report back to ya!
  • Junky
  • 04-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I've had friends quit with Chantix, lately.

Also, if it helps, I had a friend a number of years ago that was quitting with the patch. As you know, you can still get cravings. She read that nicotine fits only last about 60 seconds, so when she felt one coming on, she would count to 60. Then she was counting to 45, and then 30. She quit 10 years ago and has stayed off.

I tried that, but I only made it to 7 or so before I would konk someone on their head and steal their smokes...
Wonderful suggestions, all of them!
Perhaps I will affix a patch to my butt while puffing a fake cigarette and chewing nicorette while taking Chantix in a hypnotherapy session while sipping decaf iced tea! :P

CanDo: Please let me know if it's nasty like dip, because I really hate the taste of dip..

I've got about 4 cigs left so tomorrow I think I am going to try several of the suggestions listed above...I'll let ya know how it goes! Thanks everyone!
Go see your doc. There are meds that can help with varying degrees of success. He or she may have some insight into which may work best in your situation.
Wellbutrin will also help you quit.
I am so glad I dont smoke. Most of my friends just quit because they said it was getting dam to expensive.
try the lozenges
I used to smoke in my college days because back then we all thought smoking was glamorous and cool. We didn't know just how bad it was for you and the tobacco companies were not required to warn smokers of the health danger of their product.

I tried many ways to rid myself of that addiction from sheer will power to cold turkey quitting, but the craving would soon overcome me and I'd light up again in a few days.

Finally, I hit upon the perfect way to quit! Gradual Reduction.

Usually, I would smoke my first cigarette around 8 am, but decided to extend the start time to 9 am for a few days.

After that, I'd make it to 10 am without smoking and then 11 am and I kept gradually increasing the interval until I found I was not smoking until 6 or 7 pm in the evening and then after a while I wasn't smoking at all!

Try my method. It's a sure-fire way to rid yourself of just about any addiction!