TEXANS 2011-2012

• Trey
  • 09-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm calling for some mother fucking playoffs. Game is great right now at 34 zip.
lol you are such a texan
As huge a fan I am, I said the same last year when they stated 3-1, but I think with Wade coaching the D we looked awesome! The playoffs are huge possibility in the future. As long as they don't fuck it up.
Dominated today, it was finally nice to see the team play like they were expected to. Even with a Manningless Colts we took care of business without ever looking back, instead of somehow losing the game in the 4th quarter with a Rosencopter.
I'm probably as big of a Texans fan as u can get. But, I just can't bring myself to say playoffs just yet. I'll wait until they get about halfway thru the season before I call playoffs. I've been let down way too many times.
I wouldn't start making bets right now on playoffs, but they did kick ass. Damn this season is going to be good.
  • Trey
  • 09-12-2011, 04:56 AM
I always have high hopes for the team. Even though I so far have been let down, I still think I will get my playoff run... one day.

Keep drinking it...
I always have high hopes for the team. Even though I so far have been let down, I still think I will get my playoff run... one day. Originally Posted by trey
I was an Oiler fan from the beginning and suffered through countless losses during the late 60's and early 70's. And then came Luv ya Blue and that made it all worthwhile!

I do not know with any certainty that we are at that point with the Texans but we are a hell of a lot closer than we were a few years ago! Yesterday was a spectacular performance for the Texans. I hope that 2011 proves to be a breakout year!
They looked damn good BUT.............

They didn't play second-half football(not that they really need to this game).

Their schedule isn't easy. They may get by Miami but they got the Saints(away), Steelers(here) AND Ravens(away)! And we know that the Texans cannot beat the Ravens. And they betta not fuck up with Jacksonville again!

Even with the much improved defense, I HOPE they can get to a wild card spot in the playoffs. But they gotta get some upsets first.
Gazing into my crystal ball, I'm predicting 10-6 for the season, squeaking into the playoffs. Loosing in the first round. But hey, that's way better than last year.
TopCat
  • Trey
  • 09-14-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm with you top cat I don't think we make it far into the play offs but we will see it.
Agree that they looked good in the pre-season, but beating a dispirited Colts team who had a quarterback that could barely find the team bus doesn't tell us much..........Next 4-5 games will show whether this team has really jelled and ready for the next step, or not.................
I post on about a 23939048 different message boards, yet I think I'm the only person in the world who's predicting the Texans to be one of the top teams this year, and making a lot of noise in the playoffs. Should be a fun ride to say the least.
The defense has not yet been tested. Miami really doesn't have a running game, so we will see?