What to do with a totaled car?

Hey yall! I recently totaled my car, and now it's just sitting useless in my driveway.
I'm wondering if any of you know what the best thing to do with a totaled car is..

Before my wreck the car ran great - Light cosmetic damage, solid motor, 120,000 miles, brand new starter
The car will still crank up, and it will move but the power-steering is shot and the brakes pretty much are too.
My family payed $3,000 for it so I just don't want to take a total loss on the car
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Muah!!
Nali
Donate it to a high school shop program? You could take a tax deduction.
Most junk yard wills pay you for it and come get it. If you call them and describe it including the damgage they will probably make you an offer.
part it out...would be your best bet. check out what parts are going for on ebay, craigslist etc. door panels, seats, engine...stuff like that always sells, you will make more money that way than selling it to junk yard.
If you were just carrying liability coverage and not collision then call a salvage yard. You may not have the time or patience to have an assortment of people come and pick it apart over several weeks. Maybe get it down to Mexico. There's a real collection of junk on the streets there.
  • bbkid
  • 09-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Don't try to part it out. You'll wind up with an even bigger mess in your driveway than you have now. Just take your loss and call a junk yard to come buy it for scrap.

btw baby, love the new avatar.
What kind of a car is it? I'm looking for a project car to play with.
Donate it to charity.

http://www.kars4kids.org/car-donation-houston.htm

From their site............
When you donate a car in Houston, TX you receive a maximum IRS tax deduction plus a complimentary hotel voucher.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

bbkid - my avatar is all for you lover muah!<3
What kind of car is it? I might be interested in buying it.
Sorry sweets, it's gone
  • bbkid
  • 10-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Sorry sweets, it's gone Originally Posted by Naughty Nali
Yeah, but that sweet looking ass ain't.
Power steering and brakes would have been easy to fix yourself.
Chilton's books come with detailed instructions and pictures.
I really wish more ladies took an interest in working on their own cars. I've taught a few friends some basic things. Even my daughter has helped me replace a master cylinder, brakes, flat tires, tune ups.. (of course she is forced to learn lol)
You really fix your own car! Holy SHIT! Now that's a provider. She can service you then service your car. How did you learn? I can hack like a hellion yet can't change a tire. I'm finding more and more gents can not work on their cars the way they used to. Seems to be a lost art!

That's why I like my gents a little on the salt and pepper age range. They know how to fix stuff! Men that know how to fix stuff are so seXXXY. I can't even imagine how seXXXy the men must find a lady that knows how to fix stuff.