cant back up iphone, wont trust computer

I cant get my computer to TRUST my phone?

I just want to back up my pics/apps, etc

any advice?

Ive googled this and found this
How do I get my iPhone to always trust my computer?
  1. Connect your iPad/iPhone/iPod to your PC.
  2. Go to: Control Panel > Device Manager.
  3. Click on: Portable Devices.
  4. Right click on: Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod > Update Driver Software.
  5. Choose: Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.

but I dont have "portable devices", i run windows 7 home premiuum
(64bit, SP1, amd fx-4130 quad core , 8 gb ran, AMD 760G)

when I go to devices/printers, it shows APPLE MOBLIE DEVICE USB DRIVER, and it is working properly
but Itunes wont trust it?

I reset my network setting and I always hit TRUST on the phone and then the compute says

itunes could not connect to the iphone, because there was an invalid response from the device"

HELP!
Get an Android
I tested this on my laptop, running some version of windows 10, my iPhone synced up. I also saw portable devices according to your instructions. I would hit up the Apple forums/reddit or windows as well.
Get an Android Originally Posted by bilbobaggin
not a solution
Use iCloud do 2 or 3 backups in case 1 goes south. Wipe phone to factory settings then try connecting to the pc. Not sure if the driver controls the trust. Delete the driver reboot and then force it to download and install a new copy of the driver.
He's getting that message because the phone is locked, most likely stolen, and he doesn't have the password to get into it.
So he's trying to use iTunes to get past the lock screen, but that hack has already been patched.
Better luck next time!
He's getting that message because the phone is locked, most likely stolen, and he doesn't have the password to get into it.
so he's trying to use iTunes to get past the lock screen, but that hack has already been patched.
better luck next time! Originally Posted by FiddleSticks
not sure why youd think that?

I just can't get to back up the phone, it won't recognize my iphone 7s, and needs to Trust the phone/computer first

so you dont know a solution, so you insult me by saying I stole the phone.
gotcha,
#fake news
Use iCloud do 2 or 3 backups in case 1 goes south. Wipe phone to factory settings then try connecting to the pc. Not sure if the driver controls the trust. Delete the driver reboot and then force it to download and install a new copy of the driver. Originally Posted by Sprinter006
thanks
maybe the usb cord is bad? Im gonna get a new one
Try this
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095 Originally Posted by gyrfalcone
thanks
Ive got steps to take!
Windows won't trust IPhone because of the patents being incongruent (I always lost my iTunes when I saved them in Windows Media player) it's just a software issue. If you open the compatible software in Microsoft to share your Apple media with it should be fine. Try calling Apple for support or maybe see if you can change to file extensions in your pictures to match what Microsoft allows. (Check the file extensions on music I think they are .amp or .Avi?? The a is for Apple files which Microsoft doesn't have a compatible software for since it's patented?)
Install the latest version of itunes on your pc. This will provide the needed drivers for your pc to recognize the apple device.

You'll then be able to backup via itunes.

If you want to extract items from the backup you can do that as well. Pictures and videos can be browsed from the device like a usb drive once the phone is trusted.

Other items such as text, voicemail, etc, can be extracted from the backup file that is created by itunes using a tool like Backuptrans iTunes Backup Extractor. http://www.backuptrans.com/itunes-backup-extractor.html

Good luck.
Im a little bitt mifffed by YALL!!

I dont like Itunes and came here to fix ITunes..I ended up uninstalling itunes and then I talked to a friend and on my COMPUTER i installg Imazing

https://imazing.com/

Imazing works with a usb cord and drag/drop and is so FKN easy to use, I backed up my iphone(cause I need to get a new battery since apple is slowing it down or whatever)

so I'm good

so itunes is dead to me, im now a fan of imazing
Get an Android Originally Posted by bilbobaggin
No, he needs to get a Mac!
No, he needs to get a Mac! Originally Posted by kevcar
the iphone/plan is FREE

why would I ever want a mac?