Anyone know a mechanic?

Firestone quoted me $700 for replacing spark plugs, wires, broken coil and 2 boots. My car is worth maybe $1,000. Suggestions for a guy that does not mark up parts or overcharge for labor? Around Overland park
Get a different car.
It really doesn't matter what the car is worth. Is it otherwise in good shape and do you like driving it? Parts wear out and need to be replaced. Check prices at some other places as that seems a little high.

The parts are probably less than 200. May as well put all the coils on if one is broken and that might be why the price is high. It isn't a hard job once you get down to where they can be changed.

If you bought/financed something newer 700 is like 2 payments out of 2,3,4 years.
message sent
Is it a ford with the sticky spark plug threads?
PM sent to you
Is it a ford with the sticky spark plug threads? Originally Posted by new2thescene
They replaced spark plugs, wires, coils, new pcv valve. Paid extra $100 on diagnosis. Tune electronic ignition ($155) etc
Can i just saw what a great much of people are on this board. So many of you reached out to help. One amazing man helped me y2 days ago when the car didnt start. Firestone wanted $550 for an alternator that died. Plus i need new battery cuz they said the alternator destroyed it. He went above and beyond to fix it. I wont say a name unless he wants!
I’ve changed plugs and wires and the coil before. It’s pretty easy ��
Any MEN who are mechanics wanna respond to me in a private message !!!
I have a 2007 Dodger Caliber I could use some help with pleasssseeee
Any MEN who are mechanics wanna respond to me in a private message !!!
I have a 2007 Dodger Caliber I could use some help with pleasssseeee Originally Posted by JasminDelights
I need help with my 1976 Cocknballs.
I need help with my 1976 Cocknballs. Originally Posted by royamcr
Oh man you have one of them.....There are no parts for that old thing. I did hear that they are easy to suck start, and if they are stroked slow and easy that they pop like crazy.
Pm me
I need help with my 1976 Cocknballs. Originally Posted by royamcr

Check the muffler bearing...
muffler leaks from time to time.