Davenport/Moline/Rock Island

Hello!!

I have a tour planned for Davenport/Rock Island/ Moline areas and this my first time there. I love to hike when I'm touring, it keeps my body in good shape and my mind sharp. Are there any trails, parks or campsites that have awesome hiking trails?

Any info on where to stay/avoid, eat/don't eat, go /don't go would be great!!

Hugs,
Becca Blossoms

Hi Becca,

I will try and give as much info as I can.

To start, probably the best area to stay is going to be the I-74 corridor, which is between I-80 in Iowa and the airport in Illinois. Probably 20 places in varying degrees, and a couple business class hotels less than a year old. If you want specifics, pm me. Although there a couple places at exit 295A on I-80. I would stay away from downtown Davenport/Rock Island, only because of inconvenience. However, the best hotel in the area is the Blackhawk Hotel in downtown Davenport. Also great restaurants too in that area.

Scott County Park would be your best bet to hike.

As far as food. Well according to your profile, first and foremost is Whitey's Ice Cream. The bomb, and has been featured on Food Network.

Breakfast: Jimmy's Pancake House, Duck Creek Pancake House, Ross's,(open 24/7)
Steak: Bass Street Chop House, Johnny's Italian, Woodfire Grill, Mo Bradys

Seafood: Captain's Table

Asian: Le Me Kong, Exotic Thai, Lemongrass, Pastuer's

Mexican: Azteca, Los Agave's, Habeneros, each multiple locations, La Flama.

Pizza, Italian: Harris, Trattitoria Tiramisu

Dive Bar: O'Keeffe's with 26 craft bears on tap
quote--Dive Bar: O'Keeffe's with 26 craft bears on tap

great place....have fun!!
quote--Dive Bar: O'Keeffe's with 26 craft bears on tap

great place....have fun!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Oh Miss Dee, it thrills me that you like my favorite bar in the QCA. My wife and the current owner went to school together.
Can't say there's any place in the quads I'd recommend for seafood. All ladies I've seen when visiting have stayed in the I-74 corridor mentioned but always on the Iowa side.

Jimmy's Pancake House is outstanding but don't go unless you're hungry lol. Small place & even smaller parking lot but worth the hassle...easily. Texas Roadhouse is right off I-74 in Iowa if you are familiar with that. Other chains in the area also.
Lol FIN...I do!

Vegas I luv that place...

Becca there is a Bandanas BBQ in Bettendorf...not the best bbq but good
Can't say there's any place in the quads I'd recommend for seafood. All ladies I've seen when visiting have stayed in the I-74 corridor mentioned but always on the Iowa side.

Jimmy's Pancake House is outstanding but don't go unless you're hungry lol. Small place & even smaller parking lot but worth the hassle...easily. Texas Roadhouse is right off I-74 in Iowa if you are familiar with that. Other chains in the area also. Originally Posted by vegasbaby7
Captains Table and Miss Mammie's are both good. Is it what you can find on the coast, no.
I was trying to give her a choice of LOCAL places instead of chains.