STD Testing

A while back on ASPD there was a great thread about where to go and get tested here in the Dallas area. I believe it also had several differant locations as well as their pricing. Both providers and hobbiests alike added their info to it. It was almost like our own little STD Guide.
Maybe we could start one up? Seems like every so often a newbie or someone else will ask for info on being tested. We could maybe sticky it so it would always be readilly available. Anyway it was just a thought and I apologize if its already out there somewhere. I use Planned Parenthood in Plano usually twice a year depending on my hobby activity and adjust accordingly. Take care.

J
I go to planned parenthood To get my STD testing.
Its cheap and affordable and very discreet. They have several locations and there migh be one that is closer to people than others

There website is : http://www.plannedparenthood.org/

However I belive someone said you could go down to the Dallas County Facility and get testing done for like 5 bucks. Here is a link I found http://www.dallascounty.org/departme...nic_stats.html

Hope that helps
Nelson-Tebedo Clinic
4012 Cedar Springs Road
Dallas, TX 75219-3520
(214) 559-0339

rapid HIV/syphilis testing - $40

Comprehensive STD testing for $150. (Rapid HIV/syphilis/gonorrhea/chlamydia/Hep B & C)
Herpes testing an additional $50.

Confidential results given only in person with proper ID. Not by phone or mail.

FYI: Regardless of the result, they call you back into a counseling room to give you the results. So don't freak when they have you go into one of the back rooms to get your results. and yes... they do give you a printout copy to keep.
They do not give HIV results on Fridays.

More info and hours:
http://www.resourcecenterdallas.org/...edicalservices

They are located in the heart of the gay and lesbian community so they have seen it all. Very non judgmental people, IMO.
http://www.anylabtestnow.com/dfw/LoversLane

they have other locations in the DFW area

$219 (with $10 off coupon from their website)
comprehensive STD panel
(HIV, Syphilis, Herpes Simplex Virus, Chlamydia, Gonnorhea, HEP B, HEP C)
results in 24 to 48 hours
http://www.anylabtestnow.com/dfw/LoversLane

they have other locations in the DFW area

$219 (with $10 off coupon from their website)
comprehensive STD panel
(HIV, Syphilis, Herpes Simplex Virus, Chlamydia, Gonnorhea, HEP B, HEP C)
results in 24 to 48 hours Originally Posted by mahler

Looks like they have other handy services, too!

Tarrant County Public Health, I know of two locations S. Main St at Rosedale in Ft. Worth and Cooper at Randol Mill in Arlington. Last time I used them was $80. I use my primary doctor now, so I dont know the current rate.

Public health will also give you condoms in a brown paper bag to take with you.
  • jfred
  • 02-04-2010, 01:00 PM
...public health will also give you condoms in a brown paper bag to take with you. Originally Posted by Peanut
At Nelson_Tebedo you can just grab a handful from the open basket. And, as CPI alluded to, neither the staff nor the clientele will even look up when you do.
I use the tarrant county health department in Arlington right off of Randal mill and cooper. They Charge 40 bucks and that includes meds if you should need them they only do std/hiv testing two days a week and you must make your appointment the day before. They test for everything including some things that i have never heard of. It is very discreet and they use a number system so your name is never used at all when they are calling you to the back while you are in the front waiting and they give you a number to call and you will give them the number that they called you by in the office to call for your results later in the week. They even do throut swabs.
  • DAJ
  • 02-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I've always used condoms. This includes oral sex. Unfortunately, condoms can't totally prevent genital warts because they're spread by skin to skin contact. Consequently, I have genital warts. Does anybody know any good treatment options outside of Cryosurgery? I've tried Aldara, but no luck. Does anybody know where you can go for Cryosurgery? Does any of the forementioned treatment centers offer Cryosurgery?
This info should be stickied somewhere, it's a FAQ...
  • DAJ
  • 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Lets keep this post alive. I need someone to tell me about treatment for genital warts.
Lets keep this post alive. I need someone to tell me about treatment for genital warts. Originally Posted by DAJ
What?? Are you serious???
Lets keep this post alive. I need someone to tell me about treatment for genital warts. Originally Posted by DAJ

I wonder how many ladies are gonna X him off based on this post.
I have only been Hobbying a few months total now, and I decided to take a Hobby break of sorts and I got tested. I am gonna go the SugarBaby route for now instead. I admit, it was kinda nerve-racking waiting for the results to come in. Fortunately all good results for me. I got tested thru tSTD.org. It was confidential, cost $249. It was quick and fairly easy. I went there because they accepted my health savings card from work. So I really had no out of pocket expense.

http://www.tstd.org/

888-439-5118

tSTD.org offers seven STD tests in one visit: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Herpes 1/2, Syphilis, and HIV. The STD tests employed are state-of-the-art and include automatic reflex testing (at no additional charge) for the highest possible accuracy. tSTDīs laboratory work is performed exclusively by Laboratory Corporation of America and Quest Diagnostics.

You will receive a 13-digit PIN for identification. Payment is by credit card or money order. Your Health Savings Account credit card is welcome.

Results for all seven STD tests will be available in two to three days. They are reviewed with you by a counselor (physician authorized representative) to make sure you understand your results and to answer any questions. Your tSTD Results Report can then be viewed and printed from the website using your PIN.

Brothers and Sisters, be safe! And getting tested regularly helps keep everyone safe.
Yeah, I believe I would have Googled that question and found some blogs.