Smoking or non smoking?

I know that a similar thread was posted but I would really like to know where everyone stands on this. Having just moved to a new place, I havnt allowed any smoking inside. But I feel bad asking my clients that smoke to go outside. Being a smoker myself , It kinda sucks having to go stand in the cold! Lol But I also saw alot of complaints on this site about providers locations smelling too much like an ashtray. Including my former location... I'd really like to hear opinions from both sides, before I start letting anyone smoke in my place
Good move darlin, happy to see your in a new place. My vote would be smoke free, hard to explain to SO the smoke smell on the clothes. Best of luck!
Good move darlin, happy to see your in a new place. My vote would be smoke free, hard to explain to SO the smoke smell on the clothes. Best of luck! Originally Posted by Highwayman64

Thank you babe! The smell does tend to stick to clothing, very good point .
Have to agree with Highwayman64 COMPLETELY!!!
For those of us non-smokers with significant others at home, the smoking can be a deal breaker since you can't even blame the smell on "being at the bar".

Just FYI
I don't smoke so smoke free is definately preferable. But I also think you should be able to do whatever you want in your own place. I would think you could have a smoking area in your place while keeping your play area smoke free. When I'm with a provider who I know smokes but it was not noticeable or barely so, I will say I couldn't tell if I write a review.
I think common courtesy dictates. If its not offensive I don't think it should matter to non smokers. If you leave smelling of smoke, the offensive boundary has been crossed.
Let em hit that tree harder than sonny bono

Hello there. It seems you have the particular challenge in that your place of residence is also your place of business. As such, personal preferences can conflict with business needs. Either decision has consequences. I suppose the solution rests on which set of consequences are more acceptable to you or can be more easily mitigated. You have already expressed some of the consequences of maintaining a non-smoking environment. It seems the main consequence of allowing smoking is the potential economic impact. Personally, I could not see a provider if it meant I left smelling of smoke. But based on your reviews, your service may easily overcome the economic factor. You may also be able to periodically use an alternative location for your smoke-free clients. In short, I'm not a smoker, and I don't like smoke, but I do believe a person should not feel like a visitor in their own living space. You should "live" in you place and either accept or mitigate the business impact. Just sayin'
I would definately say smoke free . It's a bit of a turn off for a lot of people and you want to offer a pleasent safe environment that's inviting also. IMHO
Good luck girl
Smoke free. It's not even a close call.
So I no more fan blowing smoke out. crap
Smoke free
Amanda, you've made a very wise business decision and a healthier one too! I believe your business will be picking up!
Easy smoke free