Are you ready!!!

I cannot wait! In 3 hours (well a little less) Grey's Anatomy starts again! Thank lord for this show. It keeps me sane. I cry at almost every episode!! And I cannot wait to see what happens tonight. I have been on the edge of my couch since they last aired last seasons. What will happen next?

I heard though on a side note, at one point that a lot of the episodes are based on true medical cases that have happened in the past. I wonder if that is true in deed. I mean there has been some miracles happen on that show. How much really is just good, Hollywood writing?

So tonight from 9-10 you will find me on my couch, checking emails/texts in between commercials haha.
I enjoyed that show quite a lot for the first few seasons, but like so many that start well it kind of lost it for me after a certain point.

There's cool site somewhere that has a real life doctor that critiques the medical realism of each episode of House, MD, but I was never able to find anything like that for GA… less of a concern for GA really, as with House the cases are much more central to the plot. However, there's an article on Slate where two real docs sound off about GA—you might not want to read it if you really love the show, but it does address the realism aspect to an extent, and it's definitely a very fascinating sort of review of the history of medical dramas in general.

http://www.slate.com/id/2126916/
I have to agree with you after Burke left, Mer was finally with Derek and all the new interns came, I didn't enjoy the show so much. I didn't mind if I missed a Thursday of it. But somehow it has sucked me back in. I guess it probably was when Izzy got cancer.

I'll have to check out the site! Thanks!!
Got into Greys for a few seasons.....but I lost interest when the new residents came in and George got left behind....

I just haven't been able to pick it back up again.....

....but I hope YOU enjoy the new season, Brooke!!

elg...
  • Laker
  • 09-24-2010, 10:28 AM
I have never seen it, would probably beat watching the Bills though!! Is it anything like House, i don't miss many of them. I kind of like the "bluntness" of House although they have softened him up a bit.
Grey's I wouldn't compare to House at all. Although Grey's has Baliey, who they call "nazi" but only because she is so hard on her interns. Grey's is more entertaining than the Bills, I do have to admit....but it is always good to root for your home team!

I do agree, Grey's Anatomy is probably pretty shot. I don't see it being a series for much longer, but I feel as though I am some how a part of their show family. I laugh and cry with them all. I have even come to like Hunt (the army guy) and I hated him!
Grey's is more entertaining than the Bills Originally Posted by BrookeButtons
Making french toast is more entertaining than the Bills!