Would You Sell It or Give It Back?

Jeeter's 3,000 hit baseball was worth about $400,000 to the guy who retrieved it. What did he do? He gave it back to Jeeter for some free tickets and signed bats !

What would you have done?

I would have sold it back to the Yankees; afterall they have no qualms ripping baseball fans off. Let the Yankees give it to Jeeters - at their expense.
Me? "Or something else": donate it to Cooperstown (or at least give Cooperstown right of first refusal, but since Jeter is the only Yankee to reach 3K hits--yeah, shocked the hell out of me, too--I doubt they'd turn it down, though).

The official story is that the guy gave it to Jeter, and in gratitude the Yanks gave him a whole bunch of swag. A buddy of mine makes a very persuasive argument that the Yankees probably put a good deal of pressure on him to give it up. Whatever; he isn't doing badly by it.

Cheers,

bcg
I applaud the fan for giving it back... and I think it goes to show a lot of class that he didn't try to extort the situation. That's not me though... I probably would have shopped around for the best deal!
If the hit isin another team's ballpark, isn't the fan that caught the ball supposed to throw it back? It's what I'd have done; it's tradition even so I congratulate Jetter on his accomplishment.