Paper Money

So I'm hearing some people suggest that due to the China virus that paper money will soon become a thing of the past. I don't use it for much of anything now but I do use it for hobbying.

Without it how would I make a donation upon arrival other than maybe a gift card and it might not be available in the denomination needed and how would one know if it were activated.

I'm sure the answer is an easy one but its not something I've spent any time thinking about.
I use Venmo quite a bit. It's linked to a credit card and it gets charged to that plus a 3% fee.
Bank is correct. However, with Venmo it can be traced back to your bank card or credit card.
You can always go get a visa gift card
In the Hobby world, cash is the key to anonymity. It is the paper without a trail.

In my case, nearly any transactin I make is in some way online and the SO will see it. So I stash away the jacksons.

We will come through this pandemic eventually and the hobby will resume with vigor. Till then, I am keeping myself out of circulation, generally and definatly out of The Hobby.
So I'm hearing some people suggest that due to the China virus that paper money will soon become a thing of the past. ..... Originally Posted by Me Chupo Bien
"Paper money" has been contaminated for decades. So are the banks' money counting machines .... contaminated from the contaminated bills.

Just wipe them off with the an alcohol treated wipe ... or paper towel when you get them. You carry more shit home on the soles of your shoes and track into the house than you'll put in your wallet!

People usually do "count the toothpicks while the logs roll by!"
The push to get rid of paper money has nothing to do with the virus, it's being used as an excuse to hide something much more sinister. This is about an economic power grab and bailing out the failing EU. Read up on the European Repo Market and how this is being manipulated to fundamentally change the system.

Some can't wait to exploit any crisis they can find.

Read The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein, it's as pertinent today as it was when it was written.
True currency is copper, silver and gold.
The fiat system fucked this all up. Fraud and manipulation ensued.
Now, they expect us to trust in pixels.
Abolish the Fed and return to true currency.
I know that's impossible in today's world.
Cash ain't going away anytime soon. COVID-19 will pass (though with more panic-induced damage than direct virus-induced damage), just like everything else.
Been using cashapp, venmo these days and less of paper
Been using cashapp, venmo these days and less of paper Originally Posted by SamHouston
All of those above are traceable back to your bank account or credit card.
Cash ain't going away anytime soon. COVID-19 will pass (though with more panic-induced damage than direct virus-induced damage), just like everything else. Originally Posted by MartyRabb
Bingo
All of those above are traceable back to your bank account or credit card. Originally Posted by Fizley
Yepperz. Venmo is very very very easy to trace. And report.
You can always go get a visa gift card Originally Posted by CryptKicker
This
So I'm hearing some people suggest that due to the China virus that paper money will soon become a thing of the past. I don't use it for much of anything now but I do use it for hobbying.

Without it how would I make a donation upon arrival other than maybe a gift card and it might not be available in the denomination needed and how would one know if it were activated.

I'm sure the answer is an easy one but its not something I've spent any time thinking about. Originally Posted by Me Chupo Bien
You answered your own question.

A gift card, with paper receipt

Cash is still King you'll be alright.

Props to you for thinking ahead