Calling all runners!!!

Between being a provider and enjoying other activities in my down time I have noticed it has impacted the relationships I build in my personal life. I enjoy running and staying shape and have registered to run a Disney race in August. Are there any other providers who run? Or would even be interested in just staying in shape together? I get anxious meeting new people and feel it would be less nerve racking if the secret of the hobby was something I had in common with a new friend. Someone who understands the non-standard business hours and can relate to the emotions providers feel during a session. If so please get in touch!!! It's 10x more fun to stay in shape when there is someone to motivate you.
I thought you needed a coach/mentor.. I've done a number of marathons myself and though I still run, I only do a marathon every few years now.

Are you doing the Goofy Challenge, per chance? That was all the rage back when I lived in Atlanta.
No just the half this year, those races sell out so quickly! Maybe the dumbo challenge and a coast to coast next year. (:
I actually like Atlanta better - it's the 1996 Olympic course and it's really nice. Plus, there are only about 600 people doing the full; plenty of room to spread out. About 4000 ppl do the half. The other one that's nice is the Birmingham Olympic Qualifier. Again, not very many people.

If you want a challenge, try the Bataan Memorial Deathmarch. I've done it twice now and it's head and shoulders above the other marathons I've done. Great support; a really nice pasta dinner the night before, water/juice/aid stops every 3 miles, lotsa porta-johns, etc. It is by far the most difficult, though: between miles 6 and 13, you gain 1300 meters (not feet; meters) of elevation, as you run up and around a small mountain. Alot of it is on dirt, but there's one small section called "the pit": An ankle-deep sand pit that starts at Mile 21 and runs for about 3/4 mile. Talk about cramps in the calves!

Anywho, let's try and get some time together for a session. I'll PM you.