#WakandaForever

Some more commentary from Shadow & Act

As a result, the film is set for the second-best second weekend for any film in history with $108 million this weekend with $400 million domestically up to now and over $704 million worldwide to date. It is only the fourth film to cross $100 million in the second weekend. All of this brings up the question: can Black Panther actually reach the exhaled $1 billion worldwide mark? This is a status that only 32 other films have accomplished since 1993.
'Black Panther' Nets Second-Best Sophomore Weekend In History; Hits $400M Domestically, $700M Globally
So I saw it Friday night and I loved it! Being an AA Woman I loved how we were portrayed as intelligent badass women first and a sex object second. I thought it was an all around great movie but I'm not big on movie theaters. The screen is too big and bright and the noises are way too loud but other than that I enjoyed the movie fully. I thought everything about the movie was excellent. And for those of you wondering, most black people just want to be equal to everyone else. We do not want to oppress anyone because I've seen that spoken about on Facebook and Twitter.
Big fan of the comics. I got my first one as a gift back in '91. The Marvel character has nothing to do with the Black Panther Organization. The comic character is actually older than the Organization. As a matter of fact, Stan Lee changed the name of the character to the Black Leopard in order to avoid any confusion. He ended up changing it back a little later.
I saw this opening weekend, and it was great. I am not a big fan of spending money on movies, but because of the hype of this one, I bit the bullet, got a soft pretzel, a large drink and a popcorn and settled into my seat, and if you stayed for the credits at the end, there were some short clips in between, and even those were excellent.
would you be offended if i wait for the reboot? the "White Panther"?

I haven't seen it. don't plan on it any time soon.

I will see the character in the upcoming "Avengers: Infinity War" .. i hope he lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWepvH6LnEw
I love this movie! I went to see it the first day it came out. I love how they betray my people in a respectful way. I can't wait to see if they will come out with more empowering movies for black excellence. Because not every black person is uneducated and ignorant. Ever since I watched this movie whenever I get the chance to voice my opinion about the day to day racism and how it affects me on a daily basis. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd so I can buy my whole family a copy.
  • Luxie
  • 03-24-2018, 10:05 AM
I loved this movie. Have never really been a big fan of action movies or superhero movies but this one was incredible. Can't wait to watch it again.
I haven't touched comics, cartoons or movies in awhile but started back with The Avenger's. I was patiently waiting for Black Panthers arrive it lived up to and beyond my expectations. Waiting until all the credits rolled let's me know there will be more to be had.
"Bucky Barnes"
I love this movie! I went to see it the first day it came out. I love how they betray my people in a respectful way. I can't wait to see if they will come out with more empowering movies for black excellence. Because not every black person is uneducated and ignorant. Ever since I watched this movie whenever I get the chance to voice my opinion about the day to day racism and how it affects me on a daily basis. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd so I can buy my whole family a copy. Originally Posted by Londonlibra

i think you mean portray but i get what you meant.

i'll leave you with a song. i think you'll like it ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cd3cNsuyE

i'm actually reconsidering seeing the movie now that the excitement has died down
Loved it Michael b Jordan fine ass did it for me!!
I haven't seen it but I will, probably streaming on Netflix whenever that comes up, I do like action movies and sci-fy if it isn't too far out. I read that it is pleasing to my friends and not racist. I choose to live with out prejudice for anyone and with respect for everyone till they prove to me that they do not deserve respect.

Lena I'd love to show you some of my respect one of these days.
Saw it 3 times opening weekend!!!! Those ladies was SUPER SEXY!
  • Old-T
  • 03-27-2018, 01:07 PM
I thought it was a well done, fun movie. I don't normally see a lot of movies in the theaters, but a couple friends said this one was worth spending a few $ to see it on a big screen, and they were right.

There were clearly some messages that raised some questions, but I consider that a good thing.

I am sure there will be a sequel, and I hope it is done as well as the original, though I know that rarely happens.
Wakanda Forever!
Love love love love it. It really made you think. I so want to see it again