The Art Of An Introduction Letter

On TER there's a thread regarding the importance of a ladies website, blog and posting when choosing a date. I was delighted to see people do indeed put importance on these factors - it's a lot of effort and it would be a painful shame if gents didn't much care.

Today I open up my email to see a very charming, warm and open introduction letter from a gentlemen. It's been a while since I've seen one so well crafted. It's amazing how far a good letter goes. I'm curious to learn more and excited at the prospect of a first date. I almost wanted to tell him he could give lessons on how to first contact a lady.

It's so nice when they actually tell you about their interests, their lifestyle, the type of work they do. When they've obviously read your site, and tell you what it is that formed the initial attraction. Even better when they share the type of relationship and encounters they're interested in with smooth subtlety. So nice to read something that makes you feel comfortable and welcomed.
On TER there's a thread regarding the importance of a ladies website, blog and posting when choosing a date. I was delighted to see people do indeed put importance on these factors - it's a lot of effort and it would be a painful shame if gents didn't much care.

Today I open up my email to see a very charming, warm and open introduction letter from a gentlemen. It's been a while since I've seen one so well crafted. It's amazing how far a good letter goes. I'm curious to learn more and excited at the prospect of a first date. I almost wanted to tell him he could give lessons on how to first contact a lady.

It's so nice when they actually tell you about their interests, their lifestyle, the type of work they do. When they've obviously read your site, and tell you what it is that formed the initial attraction. Even better when they share the type of relationship and encounters they're interested in with smooth subtlety. So nice to read something that makes you feel comfortable and welcomed. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
It has been ole Cumandgitit's experience that the ladies really like a good letter that includes information. Nicolette Bourdeauxva has a very interesting website where one can get certain scholastic degrees, depending on responses to certain questions. It was actually fun answering the questions.*

Tune in and give it a try!!

C&G

*C&G earned a doctorate degree, so you may now refer to him as "Dr.C&G!"
You'd be surprised that some gals are put off by TMI (That Much Info.) with a first contact.
It has been ole Cumandgitit's experience that the ladies really like a good letter that includes information. Nicolette Bourdeauxva has a very interesting website where one can get certain scholastic degrees, depending on responses to certain questions. It was actually fun answering the questions.*

C&G

*C&G earned a doctorate degree, so you may now refer to him as "Dr.C&G!" Originally Posted by Cumandgitit
Is there an emperor category?
You'd be surprised that some gals are put off by TMI (That Much Info.) with a first contact. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
That's what I always thought. As a result, I've kept my first contact short and respectful, but with my references and availability so as not to waste her time. I've heard some providers complain when they get "getting-to-know-you" e-mails/PMs. Different strokes, I suppose.

C&G

*C&G earned a doctorate degree, so you may now refer to him as "Dr.C&G!" Originally Posted by Cumandgitit
Now, now C&G just because you've enrolled and taken a few classes does not mean you've graduated. Of course you are one of my prized pupils.
Lauren,
I so totally agree with you. I LOVE well written introduction letters. Here are the subject lines to some of my favorites:

Teacher's pet application

An essay on why you should see me, Teach

and

Please accept my application for Master's Degree Program.

I've also received very nice introduction letters with a simple "Introduction" on the subject line, but full of lovely prose and/or nice well written information.
I far prefer introductory letters that tell me more about the gentleman's personality. I've no qualms with the quick hey screen me emails, but I certainly appreciate when someone gives me more meat on the bone for me to chew on.

It also helps with a first visit. Much easier to cater to a persons desires when you have an inkling into their lifestyle.
For every lady who likes a well thought out letter, there's one who is put off by it. My feeling is anything worth doing is worth doing right. I put my best foot forward with everything I do.

With the exception of working out...Notice the avatar.
I have always tried to keep the first note short, no more than three paragraphs. I do try to cover the points raised in Lauren’s post; at a very high level my interests, things I’ve found interesting in the world, a bit about me, and why I was enticed to write in the first place.
If there seems to be some connection based on a return note, longer more detailed communication can follow. I guess my thoughts are that the ladies receive many first notes and if I can’t spark a little interest with a short introduction adding details probably isn’t going to help. If there is interest we don’t have to stop at the first note.
I've always found ladies who wanted more then a "screen me" letter manage to disclose that through their website. Even if she doesn't directly say so, a woman who put a lot of effort into making a website that let you get to know her, probably wants to get to know you too.

There is indeed a fine balance between a good letter and letter that is far too long and informative for a first exchange.
I've always found ladies who wanted more then a "screen me" letter manage to disclose that through their website. Even if she doesn't directly say so, a woman who put a lot of effort into making a website that let you get to know her, probably wants to get to know you too.

There is indeed a fine balance between a good letter and letter that is far too long and informative for a first exchange. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
Interesting... You've definitely given me reason to rethink how I introduce myself. Thanks!
She is a smart one.
I have been known to write a fairly extensive introduction ... it has always seemed to work
I'm not suggesting, "How 3pm Saturday behind the bowling alley on Main? I'll be in the green Econoline Van with the engine running...hop in.."

but seriously I'm not writing you an essay as an initial contact....get over yourself Summerhill...