Providers gaining weight.

I heard it's because we're all sitting at our incalls all day, eating bonbons, perfectly made up and coiffed and waiting anxiously for your call. Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
That's a good one. I wish that were why I've put on a few pounds. Thankfully, it's not very obvious, but "we" always know when "we've" gained a few extra pounds that may not be noticeable to others.
Undercoverdiva, tell us why you did put on all that extra weight if it wasnt the bonbons? Do your current pictures reflect that weight gain? Are you working to take it off to get back to where you feel and look your best? Houston men deserve you at your very best dont you think?
Undercoverdiva, tell us why you did put on all that extra weight if it wasnt the bonbons? Do your current pictures reflect that weight gain? Are you working to take it off to get back to where you feel and look your best? Houston men deserve you at your very best dont you think? Originally Posted by lingam4u
Actually, I no longer advertise and I only see certain friends who I met when I was an advertising provider; however, I've also only gained 8 pounds. All of my pictures were accurate (when I did advertise). In fact, my reviews always stated how I looked much better than my pictures. Before I became an UTR provider, I prided myself in never posting any inaccurate pictures. I still feel the same way. I worked out and I kept myself in shape when I was actively advertising. I still work out, but, honestly only to maintain the figure, not so much for the muscle tone & derriere tone. My response earlier was that 8 pounds makes me feel overweight. In all reality 8 pounds is nothing. In fact, the 8 pounds makes my derriere look even nicer; I just feel fat. I weigh 138 pounds and I’m height/weight proportionate and stand 5’6” tall, with an hour glass figure measuring 34D-27-36.

My point is that even when you’re not officially overweight, you still feel it when you’re a woman, provider or not.

If I was still actively advertising I would work out intensely with a personal trainer four times a week. My weight would be 130 and my measurements would be 34D-26-35 with a very tone body. Yes the 8 pounds have added inches.
Diva, so your pictures reflect that extra weight. That is being honest. You feel that being 130 would make you feel better but not necessarily look better is that true? I just think you should be at the weight where you both feel and look your best and maintain that somehow as that will probably allow you to give the best possible sessions. Do you have buttock pics at 138 compared to 130 that can be viewed so we can get an opinion?
Rachel, do you have something to tell us about your current weight or current pics? or maybe how you stay so slender. Do share!!!
Diva, so your pictures reflect that extra weight. That is being honest. You feel that being 130 would make you feel better but not necessarily look better is that true? I just think you should be at the weight where you both feel and look your best and maintain that somehow as that will probably allow you to give the best possible sessions. Do you have buttock pics at 138 compared to 130 that can be viewed so we can get an opinion? Originally Posted by lingam4u
I do have such evidence; however, those pics would completely out me. Not going to happen, repeat; not going to happen.
Life issues, stress, medical issues, a less than stellar/healthy diet, not enough exercise....all contribute to weight gains and possible detrimental health issues. That in a "nut shell" is how weight increases occur.

As for providers and extra weight, I don't have an opinion, as to why they don't undertake programs that minimize what is described above....but agree that providers reflect the population in changes in body fat composition.

I'm more interested in what I thought the original poster was alluding to....that is if you have changes in your appearance....it is appropriate to portray those changes with accurate profile pictures. Clients wouldn't be "disappointed" when the provider didn't mirror her posted pictures....and that would create better sessions....and probably I would project future visits as well. Frankly, the weight gain wouldn't affect the thoughts of most of us....it is the disappointment/shock of meeting with someone who appears much different than visualized. The reality is, as other posters stated, a fuller, curvy, mature body also is attractive to most hobbiests!

I don't believe "truth in picture advertising" would negatively affect most provider's businesses. I do understand why a provider would be reluctant to initiate a test marketing program to prove or disprove my thoughts.

Now the "disappointment" that a provider has when confronted with a quite overweight client, that may be a subject for a different thread.
That is what is so confusing. Providers obviously have pictures of when they had bodies they were more proud of but they gain weight for many reasons and continue to post those old pictures. It is like they are saying they know guys wont like the new pictures so lets deceive them with the old. I agree that honesty is the best policy in the long run. Overweight women with sexy personalities can be more fun than toned women with a poor personality. Of course, getting that toned thinner look back has many benefits beyond just attracting more clients.
I honestly think life happens.. most providers have lots going on besides providing. It may just be they are lazy... wake up one day and realize they put on 10lbs lol it happens.

As for not changing pics, it honestly takes a lot to get a new set of pics... or at least prof. pics... but this is a business, and since this business is based on looks every effort should be taken into keeping in shape
quote--and since this business is based on looks every effort should be taken into keeping in shape

ditto

I enjoy taking new pics and feel it is important to have a "honest" representation of yourself
{that way ,when a guy comes to see you...he won't be "surprised"}

It is so easy to "let yourself go"...it takes alot of patience.willpower,and support
{I am currently reading the EAT CLEAN DIET book}
Dallas, you need to start a forum for keeping providers looking their best through diet and exercise. You are a great role model for sure.
thanks--I just think we all need to look "our best"....after all we are "promoting a product"..lol
thanks--I just think we all need to look "our best".... Originally Posted by DallasRain
I always look my best...with a little help from some Benjamins.
I had my second child 10yrs ago, and after that pregnancy, I was shocked that hardly any weight came off like it did for my first! I went from a size 5 to a size 16!
About three years later, I found myself in a size 18!

With the help of a friend/co-worker at the time, we both went on diets and started working out. I went down to a size 12 . I am still watching what I eat, but I allow myself some enjoyments such as taking my son out for ice cream after school once in a while, and enjoying good BBQ with a good friend. I still work out, I am in the gym 3-5 days/week. I have been holding steady at a size 12 for the past 7yrs....I just do not see how I can move down anymore without skipping meals or taking drugs.

I am far from being considered as athletic, I beleive it is due to the fact that I had gained so much weight with my last child, and nothing has managed to shrink back down into it's proper shape. I have gained a lot of muscle, but it is underneath the 'fluff' I have on me.

My pictures are accurate, I change them out often, everyone here knows I do....I have to keep y'all up on my current hair color! I'm happy with myself, I know I put forth a good effort and that I am healthy....I'm not going to kill myself or live off of pills to look as good as other girls do. I am 'Cute' and it is my beleive that 'Cute' out lives sexy!

BTW my business is steady, and I have many very happy gentlemen...I think personality along with my 'cuteness' is winning out over sexy with no personality!
Sonya loves to workout about 4 to 5 times a week at the gym I run about 3 miles a day and lift weights..I have always kept in real good shape all my life..It also helps alot with stress and life..I would never give up working out for nothing lol wee