Son of a hitch! Justice Scalia found dead.

I'm sure they're partying in the White House tonight. Just in....our first Muslim Supreme Court justice.

RIP Justice Scalia
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2016, 03:26 PM
I'm sure they're partying in the White House tonight. Just in....our first Muslim Supreme Court justice.

RIP Justice Scalia Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

I'm glad that crooked sob is dead.
How long can the Confirmation Committee drag its feet on a replacement?
How long can the Confirmation Committee drag its feet on a replacement? Originally Posted by gnadfly
"It depends"!

How long has it taken this genius to defeat ISIS/ISIL?
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2016, 03:44 PM
How long can the Confirmation Committee drag its feet on a replacement? Originally Posted by gnadfly
That is the 100 thousand dollar question!
The American Electorate chose vote in the Republican Majority in The Senate.

President Obama will send up names for their Advice, and Consent.

This just might be the biggest political happening for the next few years, or until another SCJOTUS dies.

Elections matter. For both Conservative, and Liberal, this next Presidential Election will be one of the most important in the Country's history when it comes to what America is, and what it will become.

The Country will mourn, and then get on with the business at hand.
SHIT!

It is all over but the crying for the Repubs now!
It is all over but the crying for the Repubs now! Originally Posted by nwarounder

I disagree. The Senate can very easily hold up any untra Progressive Nominee until a new President is elected.

Of course, if the Democrats win the WhiteHouse again, then yes, things will get very dicey for The Republicans, Conservatives, and the Country.
  • MrGiz
  • 02-13-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm glad that crooked sob is dead. Originally Posted by WTF
You seem to be personally affected. . . Beyond his obvious leanings. . . would you care to expound upon your "documented - crooked" grievance account?

I don't know much beyond his fairly "frank" language used... and a couple of Race/Gay comments which obviously pissed off the usual offended parties.

Oddly enough... I have always heard that he is very close / friendly with Ruth Ginsburg and family. . . just goes to point out the normal / incongruity of every day life on this revolving rock!

Or is it one of those "Texas Things"?

Just curious. . .
I disagree. The Senate can very easily hold up any untra Progressive Nominee until a new President is elected.

Of course, if the Democrats win the WhiteHouse again, then yes, things will get very dicey for The Republicans, Conservatives, and the Country. Originally Posted by Jackie S
As you said, they can't hold it up all the way through Hillary's terms.
Scalia's still being alive didn't make any difference to the Obamacare decision. Is there really anything more momentous than that in the offing?
  • MrGiz
  • 02-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Scalia's still being alive didn't make any difference to the Obamacare decision. Is there really anything more momentous than that in the offing? Originally Posted by roaringfork
Well. . . Roberts definitely threw a curve for a strike... so what's your point?
  • DSK
  • 02-13-2016, 05:21 PM
I'm glad that crooked sob is dead. Originally Posted by WTF
Not me - he was a great Justice. The fate of the Republic hangs on this election. If liberals win, we are totally and completely fucked.
  • Old-T
  • 02-13-2016, 05:37 PM
If they want to be obstructionist--or if Obama proposes a stupid choice--they can easily hold it up until after January. They have a whole pile of confirmations that have been in limbo for multiple years.

I have not heard much about Scalia being corrupt. Even some who are vehemently against his views always respected his intelligence and his ability to back up his opinions better than most.