I'm going to Vegas for my first time!

• Paven
  • 05-22-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm just curious about what things folks enjoy who have been there before?
Anything off the beaten path that I should check out?
Club studio 54 in the MGM gets pretty crazy. When are you going?
  • Paven
  • 05-22-2010, 11:01 AM
This coming week.
  • 05-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Zumanity was fun.
Hmmmmm. I'll be there this week also. You should take in one of the big acrobatic/musical shows at least once...just for the experience. However, those tickets are usually $100 plus. When I go to Vegas I never leave the strip, so I can't help you with "off the beaten path."
  • Paven
  • 05-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Well I will be going to see the Lion King so I am pretty excited about that!
Cirque du Soleil is very cool.

Richard Petty Driving Experience at the Las Veags Motor Speedway was one of the two funnest things I've ever done.
I've enjoyed everthing I've done there. I always stay on the strip, usually at the MGM Grande. Many things to see for free. For me, 3 days is the perfect amount of time. I love Vegas. I'm jealous.
  • Paven
  • 05-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Going Memorial weekend is probably going to be pretty nutz! That driving experience sounds pretty cool, I might have to check that out! I don't drink so I'm going to be the odd duck but oh well, I'll still have fun!
I've never been to Vegas, myself. But when I do go, one of the first shows I want to go see is Blue Man Group.
  • Paven
  • 05-23-2010, 05:44 AM
I just saw an ad on tv the other day for Broadway Across America and Blue Man is supposed to be coming here to Austin. So you might see them sooner than later. I'd like to see them as well. You should look into that.
  • 05-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Cirque du Soleil is very cool. Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Zumanity is Cirque's X-rated Vegas show, edgy.
  • Paven
  • 05-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Hey 78704, thank you, I was trying to think what that was called.
I've heard about it before and it sounded interesting. I will investigate,
thanks again for the memory jog.
  • nash
  • 05-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Try the Fremont Street Experience. It's in downtown Vegas. They have a canopy of lights over Fremont St. Every hour in the evening they have a light show played to music. And it's free. From the Vegas strip, you can either take a taxi or a bus that goes right to Fremont St.
  • Paven
  • 05-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Right on, I'm always down for some free fun and that's sounds fun to me!